No blacks in the JPL mission control?

The isotope ratios within the different planets are sufficiently distinctive from each other, but there are other bodies that can fall on the same line with the same isotope ratios, here's an example graph of Oxygen isotope ratios: http://www.saharamet.com/meteorite/gallery/cut872.html (see graph 2)
For example, the Enstatite Chondrites (E-Chondrites) have Oxygen isotope ratios very similar to those of the Earth and Moon, but this doesn't mean that they came from either of those bodies or that the impactor that made the Moon was an E-Chondrite. It just means that either they came from the same chemical resevoir or from a chemical resevoir similar to that from which the Earth formed.
It is sufficient evidence for the general public, but not meteoriticists. Scientists strive for 100% certainty, but sometimes have to settle for 95%, most of the time much less...
If you take a class on meteorites you would probably learn far more than you want to know ;)
Mike Gerszewski Univ. of North Dakota Space Studies Graduate Assistant
zoot wrote:

Lottos are a voluntary tax.......sort of economic darwinism, those who can afford it the least drop their paycheck on it. :-)

--

Chuck Rudy

VooDoo Digital Productions

Lotteries are a tax on the mathematically inept.
writes:

But it is usually a waste of time to try to explain those woes to those who participate...

http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
http://www.space-rockets.com/congress.html
~ Duane Phillips.
<< The environmentalists will have a Fit letting people land with the requisite nuclear power reactors if we find any evidence of past life, though. Never mind that Mars is dead, dead, dead now. >>
Wait'll we get to the point of trying to establish colonies on Mars, or even on the moon. The treehuggers will be screaming about how the "human virus" is spreading to other planets, and how we're raping virgin environments.
On 06 Jan 2004 08:02:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote:

Of course, there's going to be some loons. Most environmentalists wouldn't get upset unless there's life on Mars and we try to exterminate it.
On the other hand, if Microsoft sent little robots up to the moon to chew up the surface until the moon turned into a giant Microsoft Logo, I bet even you would be whining.
Especially when they make you sign an agreement and pay them money to look at the moon....
Zooty

According to the last Discovery tv show I saw on the subject, my ancestors were here at least 9000 years ago. ; )
Randy

--------
Talk about a set up for a bad and tasteless joke....
HDS
My wife commented that she didn't see any women in the control room either (though I know there were a few).
-JT
Shovel Recovery wrote:

Jeff
There were a few women... Somebody had to keep the coffee cups full...... [ Just kidding.. I hope your wife has a sense of humor ] Actually there were more than a few at least 2 different female voices manning stations during the polling that I heard. I was watching LIVE for a few hours.... and quite a few in and about the control room......
Bobby B

Yes I heard the women too. It was my wife who only watched for five or ten minutes that made the comment. Still, the number of women was relatively small. This doesn't surprise me, look at who attends our rocket launches, for whatever reasons rockets and space just seem to appeal more to men.
-JT
bobbyb wrote:

You couldn't see them because they were either on the floor or under the consoles.

I didn't see anyone as good looking as I am.
I think it's a conspiracy.
8-)
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 22:56:22 -0600, Shovel Recovery

Phil Stein
<< I didn't see anyone as good looking as I am. I think it's a conspiracy. >>
Yep, and probably a TRA conspiracy somehow. Did that Delta use certified motors? ;)
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 22:56:22 -0600, Shovel Recovery
Because they're all on a different shift...? ;-)
because they hire for skill and not by skin color?
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)
Shovel Recovery wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@tekcor.net says...

You can only see red and green?
Bored with Jerry and need some new action in RMR?
--
Kurt Kesler

What are you talking about? They're all black! My God man! Your looking through the negative! ; )
Randy