on a mission

hi to everyone and a happy new year :)

my dad, a keen model railway type has just asked me to find on the internet plans/tips or anything really on how to control his setup with his trusty old 100mhz dx4 via the printer port after waking from a deep sleep after new years day dinner. from what he's saying its points and train speed control he's after. I tried googling but most of what I've seen is controlled by Linux or seem to be very elaborate

if I'm not in the right place could you, if you know, point me in the right direction

much appreciated....bob

Reply to
bob

Probably the easiest way would be to run the layout with DCC, and then use one of many control programs out there. I know you can do it with Digitrax, as that's how I plan to control things in the future, not sure about other manufacturers

Reply to
Rob

"DJO" wrote

That's a back-handed compliment if ever I heard one. ;-)

I think you'll find there's an awful lot of *very* useful information on Steve's various websites, which incidentally, despite the many unpaid hours which go into making them available, are provided free of charge for the benefit of anyone who takes the trouble to use them.

I wonder if any of Steve Jones' critics on here have made any similar useful contributions towards the advancement of the hobby?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Start from as well as the DIY stuff we do the links page will get you to most of the other worthwhile sites. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

thank you all for your time ill have a look through it all and try sort the old man out :)

best regards bob

Reply to
bob

Interesting advise with a deserved compliment, be it back-hand or fore-hand.... anyone for tennis ;-))

Colin.

Reply to
Colin