JPL scientist baffled

The Sprit Rover has been transmitting this data for two days now.

MI - DOO - DOO(low) - SO , MI - DOO - DOO(low) - So , over and over again.

What does this mean ?. Scientist are baffled. What signal does JPL need to send to Sprit to get working again.

Dave ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dave Griffith TRA 7956 The R.A.T.T.-works Monterey Machine Products

1504-A Industrial Park Street Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A.
MONTMACH

... that would have to be

RE - MI - DO - DO(low)- SO ...

second, third, primary, octave down, up a fifth... mathematics set to music... mathematics is a universal language... it's trying to talk to us!

:-) (disclaimer: lines filtered through years of bad memory)

Actually, I think we're getting something more analagous to the Windows 98 message "Windows is shutting down" ...which ought to be there for a few seconds, but if the modem hasn't been properly shut down, remains on the screen until you turn the switch off.

Small problem if you're plugged into house current and close to tech support.

Big problem if you're running on batteries charged by Martian sunlight, and you need heat to survive the night.

Reply to
Pelysma

Darn those martian kids! Can't they leave our stuff alone?

Ya send'em a new toy and they just can't wait to break it...

Ken

Reply to
Ken H