possibilities for creating a bill to avoid regulation of model rocketry

There is always "another agency" that wants a piece of you.

Hence Omnibus.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How many voted last year in the NAR elections. How many voted in that late

1980s ?
Reply to
AlMax

Some of the smaller experiments can and will be done in MR but some of the others I have planned either weigh too much or need to hit altitudes that would make it hard or even pretty close to impossible to hit with a MR motor. As for the building techniques, again some can be done in MR but others(especially some of the supersonic tests) would be difficult in MR and turn out to be cheaper and easier to do in HPR.

Not the way I meant it. I meant that I wouldn't learn what it takes to be able to do these experiments(designing and building the electronics, the engineering work behind some of the designs, etc.). Also don't get me wrong, I fly both MR and HPR and plan to do so for the forseeable future.

Reply to
Zak Orion

Ask the NAR Secretary, he should know.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

approx 75 people voted in the last trustee election...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Ballpark 200.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Voter turnout has been VERY LOW in recent NAR elections because they've always been 3 people running for 3 offices. It's not worth a $0.37 stamp to mail in that ballot. Each time a board member resigns, it's a struggle to find someone to run to take their place, much less have more candidates than openings. I'm sure Bunny would be happy to have twice as many candidates as there were seats up for election.

Back in the "good old days" there were as many as 2 dozen candidates running for 13 positions, and some real choices. And significantly larger voter turnouts.

Bob Kaplow

That's because there were more active rocketeers and more lone rangers too.

Now it is a contest among central Kontrol armchair rocketeers.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Wow, Shocking news

thanks Shockie.

Multiply that by 9 and you have the NAR ~membership +- 10% if HPR does not exist.

did you know that the huge rise in NAR sections took place after the huge decline in them ?

guess what caused the huge rise in NAR sections ?

any takers ?

Shockie, you should know, you were at the meeting that Bunny explained this at.

Reply to
AlMax

I forget why section membership is rising, perhaps it has something to do with being closer to the grassroots membership..for example, here in My Old Ky Home, we certed 3 new L1 last year! And I fully expect they will all cert L2 this year...along with some more L1 certs. We are a statewide NAR section, such that anybody in the state can join whether they be NAR or TRA.. we don't care much about your affliation, just come on out and launch some rockets up. We also provide 2 and soon 3 launch sites with full NAR site insurance on them so perhaps that helps too.. If we did not exist, those 3 L2 cerst would have to have been done out of state.....a very big burden on some people... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

A fraction of clubs renewing?

TARC alone?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

with only competition holding adult members in NAR, section numbers declined.

kids flying rockets need not join the NAR. adults flying Model Rockets didn't have to join the NAR unless they felt like it. not many did.

members in competition did. that number was not big enough.

HPR adoption by NAR caused all kinds of new sections to form.

fields, certs etc were able to be done by sections rather then lone rangers.

this caused a large growth in the NAR sections and member that leveled at about 4500 as it is now with turn over.

Reply to
AlMax

see post above

Reply to