Re: Beepers/Locators

I'm looking for beepers. I know Prat has a good one and I've seen the one

>from Transolve. Are there any others? These can't be the only two on the >market. Help me out here. Does anyone know of other manufacturers?

Depending on the size of your rocket, you don't *need* a 'rocketry' beacon... a personal alarm can be rigged to be put in 2.5" or larger airframes.

Alternatively - if you have even the meagerest of soldering skills, one can be built reasonably cheaply. A flashing LED, a piezo buzzer, and a battery are basically all that are required. I built one with a

556 dual-timer IC, because I wanted to send an audio tone to a radio transmitter, but it's not *really* required.
Reply to
Len Lekx

Chuck Rudy

Oy! Doggie Walstons!

Bob Kaplow

Mine are quite large. I almost lost one when my L3 Armageddon went up on an AMW L777WW and the main deployed at apogee. Actually, my soldering skills are quite refined. ;-) I can make them, and have. I'm just wondering what's out there made by rocket manufacturers.

Thanks for the info.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3

Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Hey guys,I'm looking for beepers. I know Prat has a good one and I've seen the onefrom Transolve. Are there any others? These can't be the only two on themarket. Help me out here. Does anyone know of other manufacturers?Doc--Drake "Doc" DamerauNEPRA PresidentNAR Section 614NAR

79986 L3www.nepra.comRemove "My Shorts" to reply Here's one we use for our JRTs, it works 15 feet underground! For those *special* occasions. ;-)

Chuck

Reply to
Doc

Chuck Rudysounds like something WOOSH needs for thier bong site launches

Reply to
tater schuld