Re: D3 engine

> I have an aerotech D3 engine, I built a rocket just for it, which has flown on > estes engines so far. The engine didn't have the elec.match used to light it, > from what I read it needs ones designed just for it. I've tried soe others and > they failed to do it. Anyone know how I can light this baby off?

I posted a message a couple of years ago on making hot skinny igniters for small composite engines - you should be able to search it up by title: "magnet wire igniters" and date: Oct 7 2001.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

The stock ignitor was just a skinny coppertail. A former teammate swore by the old MRC ignitors with the glass beads. I've made some Firestar/Magnelite ignitors using 30ga wirewrap wire and Thermalite wrap for the resistive element that have worked in the small composites from B7 to D3.

Bob Kaplow

FWIW. Good, useful articles. On topic, too (though it was a few years ago:)

Mark E. Hamilton

Reply to
Mark Hamilton