Re: Descon13: Winners Announced

Well done Darren, another Brit winner :-)
--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO
On 29 May 2004 17:17:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rocketreviews.com (EMRR) wrote:

I enjoyed doing the ranking when I voted too, lets keep that.

Fantastic! I'm so proud to have won in the company of such excellent entries. I was _sure_ Robert's Three Fin Snelson was going to take first!
Many thanks to all of the vendors, competitors, everyone who took the time to vote, and especially Nick for keeping the contest going.
I guess I get to pick first! I'll choose the Xavian cluster igniter controller please. My email address is: d a r r e n l o n g h o r n @ y a h o o . c o m

Darren J Longhorn wrote:

Maybe if I painted it I could have edged you out...
But then again, maybe if Dave hadn't painted his, he could have edged me out... ;-)

I'll second that...

I'll pick the BSD 3" Thor kit, 54 mm version, if I have a choice...
And yes, I *am* working on a HPR version for LDRS. It will probably fly on a Rattworks H70 or I80.
Thanks again to the sponsors, entrants and voters.
Looks like Dave's up next....

Holy cow! I'm shocked! Amazed!! Thrilled!!!
It's hard to believe that such a wacky idea would be so well received, especially with so many other very worthy entries. Thanks!!
Hmmm... what to choose... so many great products! I would like the Mrs. WACC kit from QModeling, I think. My email address is dlv at datawest dot net
Congratulations to Darren, Robert, Nick and everyone else - another excellent DESCON! And the sponsor support is fantastic - thanks to all of you.
Nick - you're next...
--
Dave Virga
Black Forest, CO

My cluster igniter controller arrived yesterday. Many thanks to Xavian for sponsoring the competition.
On Sun, 30 May 2004 10:25:54 +0100, "Damian Burrin"

Thanks Damian. Three Brit wins out of 13 contests ain't bad, is it!
P.S. Did you get the email I sent you last Friday? If not, mail me off line, maybe I used the wrong address?
First, I'd like to thank Nick for administrating the contest <grin> Second, all of the Manufacturers that provided prizes. Good deal.
Now, I'm picking the Cosmodrome Black Brant II because I have never built a Cosmodrome kit!
Mike your, up.

wrote: <snip>

Thank you Nick :0).
I would like to thank Nick again for doing a top job running the comp and all the vendors for donating such great prizes. Thanks also to everyone who voted for *any* of the entries.
As a Descon virgin I am truly delighted to have placed so highly, with a rubber chicken of all things, among so many great rockets.
I think I'm going to stick with the "daft rocket with see-through fin" theme and go fo the excellent Newtons 3rd Rocketry "Lil' Johnny" rocket kit please.
Thanks again Mike 8-{>
Over to you Michel

Mike I need a good e-mail address. you can send it to nick at rmrdescon dot com
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:39:08 +0100, Mike Roberts

<snip>
Just wanted to say that the kit arrived at my local post office here in Blighty on Thursday last and I picked it up Friday. It didnt suffer at all in transit and looks really good. I am really looking forward to building it. Thanks again to the folks at Newtons 3rd Rocketry for the kit.
Cheers Mike 8-{>
-- UKRA #1208 L2 RSO EARS # 1118 TRA #3207 L1 -=*=- Gravity is a harsh Mistress -=*=- -=*=- The Tick -=*=- Remove .co.uk from Reply To: address.
Thanks for an especially cool contest... So many cool prizes...
I think that I will go for the "Fliskit Long Overdue". Seems to be an interesting kit!
Over to you, Steve.

Hi Nick,
For some reason I can't create an account on RMR. If you would be kind enough to post the following for me, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks to Nick and all for such a great contest. Having learned so much about the amazing things you can do with 110# cardstock while building the BerthaVostok, of course there's only one choice for me, an Art Applewhite Saucer. Thanks Art!
Your turn Jim and Eric (loved your rocket, by the way).

Thank You, Thank You. Thanks to Nick, thanks to the sponsors and the voters. We had fun. We decided on the US Rockets Fire and Forget.
Over to you, Dick.....

Thanks to all who participated, the sponsors, Nick, and all who worked behind the scenes to make this possible! I am humbled by the excellent designs in this contest.
Gimme the Quickburst gift certificate.
Thanks again.

voters.
Oh, yeah, it's Nate's turn to double dip :)

I dont know how closely nate is following this, can someone do a recap to what is remaining? I'll be talking to him at the meeting tonight, maybe he will come over to my house to choose for his
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

So what you are saying is he won TWO prizes AND he is holding up the show!
:)
Jerry
Itching to donate more prizes.

he
not only that, the stinkin newbie shows up the old prez by smearing his butt in the contest.
--
Tater (busting butt on the landerchallenge entry)
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

You haven't lived till you do that to G. Harry or Lonnie Reese :)

recap
maybe
butt
Heh, sounds like a goal for Nate.
one of these days, I am gonna build something for competition that will actually beat one of those Woosh members, right now I am just building and seeing what will work.