Re: Descon13: Winners Announced

Here are the winners in order from top bird to shooting star. The

> number is front is the entry number.

Well done Darren, another Brit winner :-)

Reply to
Damian Burrin

I enjoyed doing the ranking when I voted too, lets keep that.

Fantastic! I'm so proud to have won in the company of such excellent entries. I was _sure_ Robert's Three Fin Snelson was going to take first!

Many thanks to all of the vendors, competitors, everyone who took the time to vote, and especially Nick for keeping the contest going.

I guess I get to pick first! I'll choose the Xavian cluster igniter controller please. My email address is: d a r r e n l o n g h o r n @ y a h o o . c o m

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Thanks Damian. Three Brit wins out of 13 contests ain't bad, is it!

P.S. Did you get the email I sent you last Friday? If not, mail me off line, maybe I used the wrong address?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Maybe if I painted it I could have edged you out...

But then again, maybe if Dave hadn't painted his, he could have edged me out... ;-)

I'll second that...

I'll pick the BSD 3" Thor kit, 54 mm version, if I have a choice...

And yes, I *am* working on a HPR version for LDRS. It will probably fly on a Rattworks H70 or I80.

Thanks again to the sponsors, entrants and voters.

Looks like Dave's up next....

Reply to
Robert Galejs

Holy cow! I'm shocked! Amazed!! Thrilled!!!

It's hard to believe that such a wacky idea would be so well received,=20 especially with so many other very worthy entries. Thanks!!

Hmmm... what to choose... so many great products! =20 I would like the Mrs. WACC kit from QModeling, I think. My email address is dlv at datawest dot net

Congratulations to Darren, Robert, Nick and everyone else - another=20 excellent DESCON! And the sponsor support is fantastic - thanks to all o= f you.

Nick - you're next...

Reply to
Dave V.

First, I'd like to thank Nick for administrating the contest Second, all of the Manufacturers that provided prizes. Good deal.

Now, I'm picking the Cosmodrome Black Brant II because I have never built a Cosmodrome kit!

Mike your, up.

Reply to
EMRR

Thank you Nick :0).

I would like to thank Nick again for doing a top job running the comp and all the vendors for donating such great prizes. Thanks also to everyone who voted for *any* of the entries.

As a Descon virgin I am truly delighted to have placed so highly, with a rubber chicken of all things, among so many great rockets.

I think I'm going to stick with the "daft rocket with see-through fin" theme and go fo the excellent Newtons 3rd Rocketry "Lil' Johnny" rocket kit please.

Thanks again Mike 8-{>

Over to you Michel

Reply to
Mike Roberts

Mike I need a good e-mail address. you can send it to nick at rmrdescon dot com

Mike Roberts wrote in message

Reply to
EMRR

Thanks for an especially cool contest... So many cool prizes...

I think that I will go for the "Fliskit Long Overdue". Seems to be an interesting kit!

Over to you, Steve.

Reply to
michel

Hi Nick,

For some reason I can't create an account on RMR. If you would be kind enough to post the following for me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks to Nick and all for such a great contest. Having learned so much about the amazing things you can do with 110# cardstock while building the BerthaVostok, of course there's only one choice for me, an Art Applewhite Saucer. Thanks Art!

Your turn Jim and Eric (loved your rocket, by the way).

Reply to
EMRR

Thank You, Thank You. Thanks to Nick, thanks to the sponsors and the voters. We had fun. We decided on the US Rockets Fire and Forget.

Over to you, Dick.....

Reply to
JIM

Thanks to all who participated, the sponsors, Nick, and all who worked behind the scenes to make this possible! I am humbled by the excellent designs in this contest.

Gimme the Quickburst gift certificate.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Dick Stafford

Oh, yeah, it's Nate's turn to double dip :)

Reply to
Dick Stafford

I dont know how closely nate is following this, can someone do a recap to what is remaining? I'll be talking to him at the meeting tonight, maybe he will come over to my house to choose for his

Reply to
tater schuld

not only that, the stinkin newbie shows up the old prez by smearing his butt in the contest.

Reply to
tater schuld

So what you are saying is he won TWO prizes AND he is holding up the show!

:)

Jerry

Itching to donate more prizes.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

By my tracking (and Nick will most likely confirm) the prizes that have a gray background on the web site are spoken for. As of now, the USR kit and the Quickburst certificate are also gone, but the site hasn't been updated that far.

Reply to
Dick Stafford

Yup, he has the next TWO :) Hey, the USR kit went reasonably early in the show. Not bad for a 'dispsable' rocket (small and G powered, that is!).

Reply to
Dick Stafford

You haven't lived till you do that to G. Harry or Lonnie Reese :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This is Nate checking in, hey I'm new to this bear with me... Cool prize selection, I will go with the two kits from rockethead and parachute assortments,Thank You. I will email Nick cause I can't create my own account for some reason. Thanks for being patient.

Reply to
Tater Schuld