Re: Estes Goblin

Try a 9" chute or a 12" with a 2" spill hole.

J.A. Michel

BTW: where is Greatlakes auctioning stuff at?

I'm getting ready to build an Estes Goblin I won from the Great Lakes > auction and I'm going to reinforce it for E and F motors but I'm worried that > the streamer recovery may not work well with the extra weight. I could use a > small parachute but on such a small high altitude rocket I'm worried about > drift. Any suggestions? Maybe a parachute with a spill hole? > > Thanks, > John
Reply to
J.A. Michel

They had a live in-house auction to sell off a few items. The winning prices on some of the older kits made my head hurt (over $300 each). My winning bid for an original Goblin was $55. They still had a ton of stuff, probably more than twice what is pictured on their web site. They said they were going to auction off a number of the items on ROL and E-bay. As for my original question, I've decided to try an old Estes 8" parachute I've had laying around for years.

Bill

Reply to
Bill C1075