Re: Give James Leverton Benefit of Doubt

Fred,

What was the exact wording of the Status of the package?

The quite popular priority shipping label wizard on the USPS website will generate a tracking number(DC#) and that number will be valid even if you dont take the package to the post office.

-Tim

On August 28th I posted a message inquiring about dealings with James > Leverton. > > Others replied with negative comments. Later I also stated I did not receive > an item from a ROL auction in July. > > I still have not received that item, but after inquiring at my Post Office > with the tracking number James provided, I was able to confirm the package > was in fact addressed to my home town, but still not delivered even though > it was sent on July 28th. > > It appears the culprit in this case is the USPS. > > Before I checked with the PO, I had sent James a scathing, harshly worded > Email. I should have checked the facts first, my Email was inappropriate and > for that I wish to publicly apologize. > > However, the jury is still out as there remains an issue with insurance. > > ...Fred > >
Reply to
Tim Summers

One of the hazards of the internet and instant thought to words translation. Apologies matter.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've gotten that when they issued the ticket number. The item hadn't been delivered to the post office yet and a few days later, the wording changed such that it indicated it was at the post office.

Joel. phx

I would expect it changes overnight else it's not there.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I'm glad it all worked out! I had a bad experience with an auctioneer on E-Bay He sent me the wrong item twice & then left me high & dry & tried to say I was switching the product with a cheaper version.

JD

inappropriate

Reply to
JDcluster