Re: Launch Pads

Hey Folks,

>My 5 year old crashed into my Estes Launch Pad this past weekend and >broke one of the launch pads legs. Where can I get some info on how >to construct a launch pad from scratch? > >Thanks, >David >Neenah, WI >
Reply to
Jim Flis

I have a spare Estes launch pad you can have for the price of postage ($3.95 for express mail to Neenah, $3.56 for parcel post). E-mail me with your address if interested.

-- Bob Cox

David George wrote:

Reply to
Bob Cox

Or you could be a mean parent, and make the child build their own replacement...

It actually is a project that a 5-year old can do (with a little prep work from dad :-) )

Jim Flis wrote:

Reply to
Richard Hubbard

Er... he was asking about building a launch pad, not launch controller.

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Building your own anything is noble; but in case you'd prefer not to I have LOTS of spares, and will send you any part you need for the cost of postage.

-- Scott Schuckert

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Oh, by the way:

If you find that it's acceptable for a pad to have fixed legs that remain attached and sticking out at all times, then you can simply FIX the Estes pad by cementing the legs onto it with tube type plastic cement. Use C-clamps as required to hold the legs in place until the cement hardens.

I have done this to about a dozen pads over the years and they last forever. I end up selling them off to local folks who want an extra pad or a super cheap starter set.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

A removable power or pad cord can act as a safety key.

Jerry

Pardon the tech post.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine