Re: Launch pads, what features would you like to see?

Hi, I am looking for idea's that everyone would like to see in a launch pad > for

> F and say through the I or maybe a little larger range motor size rockets, > something made from metal not plastic. it would fold up for transport ease. I > am not looking for design idea's, just features such as a bar to hold the > rocket off the plate, maybe something that clamps to hold launch wires, etc, > etc I appreciate any and all input and comments, thanks, LeRoy
  1. Able to accept 1/8, 1/4, 1/2" steel rods, possibly all at once.
  2. Able to accept a rail.
  3. Provision for tether mount for gliders, hybrids, clusters, cameras.
  4. Tilt for angle.
  5. Provision to be in some way staked, weighted or tethered to the ground for sites with gusty winds.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And horizontal adjustment

  1. An attached adjustable stand off.
  2. Base of rod or rail at a comfortable height for hooking up.

Reply to
Dlogan

Might be "handy" but I am not in favor because it increases the height of the CG of the launcher and increases the materials needed alot to get a stable base.

If those issues can be addressed then I am in favor of more height mainly to reduce blast back, not for ergonomics. Humans are expendable. Rockets matter.

Jerry

:)

Pardon the tech post!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

My WokPad(TM) is based on a survey tripod. Nice working height. The second tip is to use real igniters that don't require you be anywhere near the rocket to hook up. 18"-20" is pretty good. My next 'evolution' is to simply have binding posts which I can wrap the igniter leads around so I can eliminate clips.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I agree. Also it makes it difficult to reach electronics or payloads on a tall rocket, if it's also on a tall launch pad.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Joel C. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Clip extensions are expendable. Igniter wires cost $.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Thans guys for the features suggested, some allready being incorperated and some are good and will be, I would like to see more features desired, the design to hold the rod or rail is already done, I want to keep costs low so retail will be low, these pad will be offered for sale when refinments are done, thanks and keep more desires comming, LeRoy

Reply to
LeRoycom

Wood spring clothespins are a prefect solution to this problem.

Bob Kaplow

I bought a box of them a few weeks ago just to get one for my range box. It's amazing how many things I can find to use them for now that I have a hundred of them.

-- Carl D Cravens ( snipped-for-privacy@phoenyx.net) Wichita, Kansas, US -- Read my model rocketry journal at

Carl D Cravens

Audio continuity (possibly light too)

Safe when testing continuity on low current ematches.

Option for a launch button extension seperate from controller for launches where supervision is used (schools).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine