[Kosdon] Perchlorathon 6-04

I have posted a couple of images from Perchlorathon 6-04. These are Kosdon propellants.

A burnoff and a flight of a 54mm J IIRC

perchlorathon...

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I loved my Kosdon motors, too bad they are no longer certified :-(

The 38/600 motor was great. One fast burn reload and one slow burn reload (both baby J motors) along with one smoky reload and a C-slot that were I motors. You could Cert Levels 1 and 2 with one case! In addition, the C-slot was really sweet in my Endeavor - a 4:1 thrust ratio and almost 5 second burn produced a beautiful flight as long as there was NO wind!

There was a J2000 motor I saw fly one time, I think it was in a 38 mm case but it might have been 54 mm -- the ultimate sledgehammer motor!

Reply to
Tad Danley

Illegally of course!!

Yea. I've seen it :-( Danger, wayyy too fast :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The one I saw terminated the motor case with extreme prejudice. Actually, the only Kosdon CATO I ever witnessed in many, many flights.

You gotta love those snap rings!

Reply to
Tad Danley

Cool.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jerry replied:

What law was violated? Please cite.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Is that a legal term?

Jerry-motors.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Mike F. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

No, not jerry-motors, Frank Kosdon motors.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Jerry's motors got even more snap rings than Frank's do. (Not quite as many as Gary's got o-rings, though!)

I dunno, though - at least the o-rings won't try to slip loose of the pliers, leap out of sight, and get lost!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I've got a minimum diameter carbon fiber rocket that I'll be trying it in in a couple of weeks. I'll probably set it up as a moonburner K340 though. I'm tired of epoxying the grains to the liner tube.

Mike Fisher

Reply to
Mfreptiles

Not true!

Bob Kaplow

This poster is obviously TRA centric and quite myopic.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've got a KBA L1000 and a K777 (somewhere). I flew an L1860 in a 4" rocket at MDRA. Kosdon cases kick ass but so do AMW's and Loki's, too. Can't beat the ease of setting up an AT 98 O-ring motor though.

Reply to
Gene

That's what Dr. Evil was saying after that small problem with his pyramid. ;-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Dr. Evil, good one. It made a nice flame thrower.

-Rob

Reply to
Rob Bazinet