Re: Let's Run A Rocket Guy For Governor

I suggested this in the "Texas" thread, but I think it deserves its >own.

> >Here's my idea. Let's pool together the money it would take to file >the motion and run for Governor of California. Hell, Larry Flint is >doing it! So is Arnold!

There's been an ominous silence here on RMR as of late...

Jerry? Paging Jerry Irvine?

Naaawww... you wouldn't think... would you?

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

why california? seems here in wisconsin when have a few politictians that need to be replaced with rocketeers

Reply to
tater schuld

Jerry Irvine! Perfect candidate to run a f'ed up state. ;-)

Reply to
Scott D. Hansen

Correct.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Having withdrawals merely because I am launching more motors than you have ever even seen?

I will post photos. Worry not.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Welcome to Kalifornia (I would change the name by executive order), now go home.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

A reference to the Running Man! That was a fun flick to watch.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

No. RMR tends to get all "touchy-feely" when you're gone..

I await with breath all abated...

So, are you running for Guv, or not?

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Well, he's the RUnning man now...

Bob Kaplow

There are something like 200 candidates now :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I donn't know how California does things, but would be interesting if Davis was both recalled and reelected in the same election.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

According to the news a few days ago, he considered filing to run, but didn't. He's not one of the candidates. The thought was that he could possibly win the plurality even after losing the recall portion. If the people that voted NO on the recall voted FOR him he would have been a shoe-in.

Reply to
Anonymous

If he's one of the 200 names on the ballot, I'd say that's a highly probable outcome.

Bob Kaplow

I don't think it works like that - there's a binary choice of "keep incumbent" vs. "recall incumbent", and then a list of potential replacements... one can cast a "no" vote on the recall issue, and also express a choice for the replacement (from the list of "everybody else") in case the recall passes anyway.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Finally! The first accurate summary. Thanks.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm normally against the complete and total separation of religion from government, but think that it would be somehow fitting if Don Novello (a.k.a. 'Father Guido Sarducci') were governor of the state. Too bad he wasn't in the final list of qualfiers .

Reply to
Anonymous

But his sister used to be in the cabinet...

Bob Kaplow

Sister-In-Law.

See my other post for bio.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter