Re: looking for launch field

Venturing from the land of cheeseheads?

Reply to
Stephen

are there any in Southern NJ near Atlantic City? say within one hour

You missed a key couple of words.....Atlantic and City.......Tater obviously needs to hand over some geld to the house at Trump's......... :-) .....or his card counting skills need a test.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

The "Garden State" is unfortunately also the most densely populated state in the nation. As such, even the fields at our few parks are small and filled with soccer goals. Sojars flys monthly at a community college about 75 minutes from Atlantic City. Several of our members fly closer to Atlantic City than that, but none in the immediate vicinity of AC. If you are going low power, I launch off the beaches of Margate, about a mile or two south of AC, but as a 12 year old in the 70's a splashdown wasn't an entirely uncool way to land. My dad also only got me 1/2 a's for my alpha and B's for my Big Bertha! And I think it was pretty illegal to do, but, that was the 70's, not 2003. Keep an eye on our website for September launch dates (still pending) and give me a yell if you're heading our way! Art T Prez Sojars

ps: our field handles A thru E and we have occasional access to a farm that accomodates up to G. MDRA flies in Maryland and Delaware about two hours south of philly and metra about two or three hours north of philly...both of these groups do high power and are fine bunches of folks.

Reply to
SirWmOsler

nope, looking for a site a friend

Reply to