Re: The AT auction

Just to be clear, what PRECISELY properties do you consider essential to be a "legal" motor?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's not my edit.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, the one I flew was a hand-delivered prototype; he brought it directly to the launch site. (I paid for the propellant cost, but he kept th hardware - I'm not even sure this would qualify as "received in commerce" or if he simply operated his motor in my rocket - you know, like a "team flight" at a TRA "Experimental" launch...)

I have no idea of its availability as a manufactured type - but how many of y'all ever get to have Jerry clean the motor case after flying a baby "M"? :)

(So what's with your "think before you answer"? Do you enjoy trying to sound ominous?)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Yep, no blinders on this hoss....

Just well hidden; evidence posted to ABMR, seems to indicate you once again prefer USPS for clandestine shipping....

Nothing to argue about, just the "FAX" mam....

I'm an open book, opinions subject to change as facts determine.

So jerry, what are you to do? Piss and moan, cry to your little groupies, hoping they can bail you out. Delusions again jerry, take your meds and call me...(:-)

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

No argument from me...

Never said he wasn't a nice guy...

Believe it or not, didn't want you to say anything that could be construed as questionable.. Looks like it worked.

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

NAR does not require this either. One of the topics of discussion at last February's BOT meeting was to reword this to make it clear that what an NAR member does outside NAR activities is NOT an NAR matter.

Bob Kaplow

The fact that YOU Iz were not there is NOT the fault of the NAR or TRA. In fact there is NOTHING that precluded YOU or any OTHER organization from attending any NFPA, ATF, DOT or any other meetings.

The fact that YOU are able to make false & idiotic statements like the above is the price we pay for a democratic (by representation) government we have. I'll give you yet ANOTHER piece of advice Iz... you want to change the rules? It ain't going to happen by you pissing & moaning on rmr. It takes REAL work by REAL people to get things done... and they don't do it on rmr. You want to want ARSA to have a voice... then why don't you DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE rather than trying to tear everyone else down.

SOAPBOXMODE = OFF

Doug

Reply to
Rocketweb

I'm doing something constructive

I'm giving you a plan of action

from my 2004-04-07 00:45:38 PST post in thread "Re: The AT auction" at

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Well, they obviously did not have any idea about the size of your rockets..

Fred

(:-)

Couldn't resist

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

You don't get it IZ... you're just pissing & moaning more on rmr. BTW... I already have a plan of action - thank you very much.

Doug

Reply to
Rocketweb

Iz wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

And we have. You just don't want to accept that fact.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I appreciate the candor... it is better than the chain pulling. Thanks.

I will leave it at that.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Negative. The orgs were THE major contributing factor to having the certification rules put in place.

However, attempts past, present, and future to monopolize on that fact shall be viewed historically very bad.

I am not saying certification is/was a bad thing. Certification and a fair set of standards is a very good tool to self-regulation.

Certifications should be 3rd party. Hopefully someday they will be...

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

I fly rockets just fine. Your assumptions lead you astray.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Your opinion Ray.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Ahem... when did DOT begin databasing their documents?

*****
*****

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

VERY interesting...

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Hmmm... are you suggesting that Fred may have drawn excessive conclusions from the "absence" of information in records which may not have been "available" in sufficiently complete form to tell the whole story?

"There was no record that they ever said you don't need a license plate for a tricycle..."

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

consider this from the TRA "pledge of allegiance"

from

"I agree ... that I will be an active member of the Association to the best of my ability."

so when TRA called upon members in NY and NJ to fax/call senators Schumer and Lautenberg to allow the Hatch-Kohl substitute bill, with its

0.9 lb exemption, into to Senate for passage; being "active" members, they were obliged to support that initiative

and in your view, this was "consistent with the organizations purpose", which is

[ from the AOIC ]

"to promote, encourage and advance research, competition, technology and recreational activities related to advanced, nonprofessional rocketry in a safe and legal manner"

[ from
]

"the advancement and operation of amateur high power rocketry"

despite the fact that the Hatch-Kohl substitute bill could reasonably be construed, using the established definitions in NFPA codes applicable to rocketry, to mean the following

-- "... or model rocket motors [assembled, reloadable model rocket motors and manufactured, expendable model rocket motors that have a total impulse of no greater than 160 N-sec (36 lb-sec), an average thrust of no greater than 80 N (18 lbf), and a propellant weight of no greater than 62.5 g (2.2 oz)] containing no more than .9 pounds of ammonium perchlorate composite propellant ..."

"... for purposes of powering recreational model rockets [a rocket which has structural parts made of paper, wood, and breakable plastic, that (1) weighs no more than 1500 g (53 oz) with motors installed; and (2) is propelled by one or more model rocket motors having an installed total impulse of no more than 320 N-sec (71.9 lb-sec); and (3) contains no more than a total of 125 g (4.4 oz) of propellant weight] may possess and store quantities not to exceed 25 pounds of such propellants."

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed