Re: The AT auction

Not by the very folks who need to.

NAR refused.

TRA refused.

Now DOT is dragging their feet just like ATF and just like with ATF there is a solution.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then go away.

Let it happen without a lot of backgraound noise.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We should sit down and shut up as ray spreads his error and vile.

But his goal is the harassment not the outcome.

He is a fatalist.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Phil Stein

I will if you will - you go first. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

On the DOT topic in particular.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Where does ACS do business?

How does one contact them?

Do they have a phone number?

Do they have a fax number?

What city?

What county?

What state?

What does their product line consist of?

Do you own ACS?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Are you claiming the DOT is a "biased non expert Tripoli supporter"?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Just how is, the DOT dragging their feet?

Who did you contact at the DOT?

What was their response?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Is you name jerry?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

No, just expressing suspicions about individuals who might contact them. Why don't you ask the DMV about what kind of license your kid needs to ride his tricycle, while you're at it? (By the "logic" apparent here, you'd probably come away convinced that tricycle-riding was forbidden or something!)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

The classification is owner specific, the DOT is the AHJ, only they can transfer authority, not jerry.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

The analysis was for the classification of the material, not the owner.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

A point I will concede... or at least a legal agent or attourney... nobody knows Jerry's paperwork or point of view better than Jerry... but it sure wouldn't hurt if those in the hobby supported it on hope of a better regulatory perspective for the whole hobby, instead of scuttle it out of fear.

From the essence of your latest remarks, it appears that you have softened your stance slightly... leaving it as, "Jerry's problem". I guess that is a step foward. I really hope he is able to solve the problem and change the air of opinion... and stop criminalizing something that was/is completely safe to begin with... because that is what it boils down to.

We have a tested and classified material formulation, which we all know is safe for commerce and use... No one seems to dispute any of this. We have a product, which may or may not have already existing stock. So the rest is just details of opinion on where the "T's" should be crossed and the "I's" should be dotted. That can be worked out, provide people stay focused on the issue of how to make it work.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

I believe it is more than Jerry's problem. Current attitudes need to move to help this issue, for the very same issue is likely to affect future would be manufacturers.

So unless you have a real problem with Jerry succeeding, why bother hindering the discussions that possibly help others to understand the issues, removing the criminalization of the attempt to market something for the hobby that is benign to shipping concerns?

It doesn't help that every time Jerry has had complications, it was someone within the hobby scratching and sniffing with an air of malice or mistrust, and conveyed that "opinion" on to authorities.

How about an air of, "how do we get it to work for the benefit of all"?

This isn't just Jerry's problem anymore.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

However, we CAN help to decriminalize the issue and change the current pervasive attitude that is actually harming the hobby... such as what your reply conveyed to the DOT. It certainly took another step backward. It is that kind of thing that needs to stop. And that will help in great lengths to allow it to be solved.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

How about _not_ calling the DOT with an air of suspicion for once?

I don't need to the DOT to use my own common sense, such as:

The material in question is known to be safe to ship, as similar material already enjoys relaxed shipping exemptions/waivers.

So it is a matter of small details, and getting others generally to stop stirring up issues that actually have a negative effect on the hobby.

Somehow people don't seem to realize how this attitude affects the public and regulatory perceptions.

By far and large Jerry's biggest problem is people within the hobby who repeatedly stir up trouble with agencies. Because of this, the perception that it is Jerry's problem is erroneous in the extreme. The entire perception of the issue by the hobby in general _is_ the problem.

DOT would be a cake walk otherwise.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

POINT!

With Fred Wallace leading the charge with speculation AND in his club capacity!

[whether] "Mr. Irvine has complied with the instructions provided him, with no response from your office unless he has taken liberties with the truth, there are problems he has failed to disclose, resulting in a delay in the response from you or your office, and or both."

- W.E. "Fred" Wallace, MDRA 6-26-01 letter to DOT

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Liar, fool, ignoramous.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Typical Brian Teeling logic.

I wonder where all those USR motors are he is "keeping in trust"?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine