Re: virus alert`

I am easily searchable and except for this widespread DOS attack, it has been a minimal hassle to trash mucho spam. Eudora again.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

my main public email addr is being pounded....my other public email addr = are not being touched so far....my private email addr also have not been = touched so far... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Yes.

As a Mac user I am not an originator, only a receiver.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes, there was a spate of them "returned" to my wife's account about a month ago, but they've stopped.

Reply to
bit eimer

More non-explosive proof. The material remains after the rupture...

Reply to
Duane Phillips

True but the video still would make a bad example as a evidence video.

'See? the rocket exploded'

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Fireworks? ; )

Speaking of which, last 4th of July my son was given some fireworks by a friend that owns a stand. The largest ones seemed to be 3 stages. They rose to about 500', had a burst and a second thrust, that took about a 40* angle another 200', then another burst and 3rd thrust that took another 40* angle another 200' in yet another direction and a final tremendous burst.

As fireworks go, I've never seen anything like it. Danged cool but I think he said they sell for about $80 each!

Randy

Reply to
Randy

dumped on me

I don't know either, but I had 43 yesterday and 80 today, todays being

8.75Mb. of downloads just to delete as soon as it is in. The only valid email being a warning that if I didn't download I would exceed my space and start loosing further emails!

MikeB

Reply to
MikeB

overpressurized the casing.........I can't imagine flaming APCP at the speed of sound (the determining factor for 'explode')

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I too got several hundred of these. I don't see why earthlink keeps passing these thru the system. But to their credit they are stoppped in my suspect spam folder. I think an appropriate punishment would be to throw the virus writers in a cage filled with rabid pit bulls on steroids during halftime at the superbowl.

Reply to
bert harless

Randy

If you search on my name I posted the necessary steps you can follow to start reducing the junk.

Keep in mind folks, changing to Eudora, Netyscape, or any other mail client won't stop you from recieving this nonsense.

Of course if everyone in the world would switch to Novell (Groupwise) or Lotus (Notes) none of these problems would exist either....

Reply to
Karen Gloer