Reagan: How does the BATFE Feel About Him?

Bingo!

God bless your son.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Kinda my point. They seem to pick and choose, while under the guise of protecting everything, even things that were never meant to be protected.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

One could (almost) say the same thing about the British army in America in 1776 - 1782

Almost none of us could do any better, and almost all of us much worse than Reagan did if we were magically put into his position. No one is going to make all the right decisions. And most people wouldn't recognize them as right or best even if they were so.

Brad Hitch

Reply to
Brad Hitch

Whether we like it or not, Iraq was and still is our mess to clean up. We armed Saddam. It was up to us to disarm him. And we need to clean up this current mess and not leave it for "the future."

God Bless your gallant son and his comrades-in-arms. Mah He protect them from all harm and bring them home safely.

I don't know if I am really a better man. I simply would prefer fixing the problem to assigning blame.

Bill Sullivan

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

The question IMHO is whether the "current mess" is something we can "clean up" by force of arms and military occupation, or whether we're simply compounding the problem by continuing to try to do that.

The best plan might have been to dislodge Saddam (which we did) and then go on our way. Perhaps Iraq would calm down somewhat if it were no longer infested with armed, scared Americans who call themselves "liberators" but behave as if they were determined to "enforce security" at the expense of all else (even those we supposedly came to "liberate").

Of course, that might involve having to walk away from all that oil, and you know the Cheney/Halliburton axis (i.e., the hand inside the Bush puppet) will never let that happen.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

why should the ACLU not be allowed to pick their battles? After all, we already have a perfectly effective 2nd Amendment lobbying organization.

the thing with the ACLU is, you are not supposed to like everything they do. Rights apply to everyone. There are reasons why they pick their battles the way they do. Some of them are for the right reasons, some of them are for grandstanding and other less palatable reasons ...

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

I got news for you. **ALL** of our rights were meant to be protected. Not just the ones ennumerated in the first 10 ammendments. Ammendments to the constitution should be limited to RESTORING our rights, not taking them away.

Bob Kaplow

The ACLU isn't "picking their battles". They actively oppose the Second Amendment. They also actively oppose the 14th Amendment, which states "nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." (Abortion takes an innocent life without due process.) The ACLU also actively opposes the First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and religion, by demanding that the government discriminate against those whose speech or religious beliefs aren't politically correct.

Reply to
RayDunakin

That's true, but it is not the state that is taking those lives.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll