Jerry - what is wrong with him?

I can't help but wonder - was Jerry's new year resolution to be even more pedantic than last year? Every thread I read on this forum that extends to any sort of in-depth debate always seems to have him chiming in with his usual "I'm right, you are all wrong" attitude, closely followed by abuse when questioned or pointed out (often with indisputable fact)that he is wrong. Personally, I'd like to see him do what has been suggested in another thread just recently - if he's so good, then show us all his layout and just how perfect it is, so we can bow to the master! From previous comments he's made, he must have the ability to host the photos - which will invariably be a better quality than anyone else's and be placed on a far superior, quicker-accessing website with thumbnails at exactly the right resolution unlike anyone else's - yet I rather suspect he has no layout at all, I suspect rather than prove me wrong he will reply with verbal diharrhoea (sp?), I suspect I will be slated for grammar, syntax and spelling, I suspect he will retort with some clap-trap about having nothing to prove, but I know one thing - he'll be right and I'll be wrong! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

See how he goes very quiet when challenged to put up or shut up!

He's the same in every group he visits. I say visit, as he invariably doesn't stay long.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 09:56:43 -0000, "Badger" said in :

I have no idea; his comments are automagically marked as read by a filter on my newsreader. I don't like doing that with people who are not obvious trolls, but the endless nitpicking wound me up too much.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Unless people keep responding to him.

Reply to
MartinS

On 11 Jan, 09:56, "Badger" wrote:> I can't help but wonder - was Jerry's new year resolution to be even more> pedantic than last year? =A0Every thread I read on this forum that extends to> any sort of in-depth debate always seems to have him chiming in with his> usual "I'm right, you are all wrong" attitude, closely followed by abuse> when questioned or pointed out (often with indisputable fact)that he is> wrong.> Personally, I'd like to see him do what has been suggested in another thread> just recently - if he's so good, then show us all his layout and just how> perfect it is, so we can bow to the master! From previous comments he's> made, he must have the ability to host the photos - which will invariably be> a better quality than anyone else's and be placed on a far superior,>

quicker-accessing website with thumbnails at exactly the right resolution> unlike anyone else's - yet I rather suspect he has no layout at all, I> suspect rather than prove me wrong he will reply with verbal diharrhoea> (sp?), I suspect I will be slated for grammar, syntax and spelling, I> suspect he will retort with some clap-trap about having nothing to prove,> but I know one thing - he'll be right and I'll be wrong!> Badger.People like this DO have something to prove ... but only to themselves.They may feel inadequate or down- trodden in their life so they try to bully people so they feel better about themselves.=A0 They =91feed=92 off your anger etc.In a way I feel sorry for them but the best hope of a =91cure=92 is not to reply to their posts or even read them !Sometimes they do have something valid to say but unfortunately this soon turns into the normal slanging match.I had a similar experience with a guy called Larry on another forum.=A0 He set out he was a =91Wordsmith=92 and walking dictionary if you like but when I challenged him he resorted to verbal abuse.=A0 It was his medical condition for the most part but he did have a nasty streak in him and if you ever did prove him wrong he =91hid=92 behind his condition.=A0 He took over the forum and anyone who apposed him was verbally attacked.That=92s why I set up my own Google Group so those sort of people could be kept in control.Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

quicker-accessing website with thumbnails at exactly the right resolution> unlike anyone else's - yet I rather suspect he has no layout at all, I> suspect rather than prove me wrong he will reply with verbal diharrhoea> (sp?), I suspect I will be slated for grammar, syntax and spelling, I> suspect he will retort with some clap-trap about having nothing to prove,> but I know one thing - he'll be right and I'll be wrong!> Badger.People like this DO have something to prove ... but only to themselves.They may feel inadequate or down- trodden in their life so they try to bully people so they feel better about themselves. They ?feed? off your anger etc.In a way I feel sorry for them but the best hope of a ?cure? is not to reply to their posts or even read them !Sometimes they do have something valid to say but unfortunately this soon turns into the normal slanging match.I had a similar experience with a guy called Larry on another forum. He set out he was a ?Wordsmith? and walking dictionary if you like but when I challenged him he resorted to verbal abuse. It was his medical condition for the most part but he did have a nasty streak in him and if you ever did prove him wrong he ?hid? behind his condition. He took over the forum and anyone who apposed him was verbally attacked.That?s why I set up my own Google Group so those sort of people could be kept in control.Chris

Its not just them its also those that try to win by their methods. So many people demand the loser publicly admit defeat as well as equate having the last word as being the winner.

I know when have won an arguement or reached a stalemate so thats the time to stop. If someone else continues with spurious arguements or snappy comments in an attempt to wind up the discussion - just think of a fish out of water flapping about.

Hence Jerry doesnt bother me and can enjoy his contribution when relevant or humerous.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

He doesn't bother me either, but if he or anyone else did there's always the 'block sender' option.

In the main I think Jerry makes some useful contributions to this group; but he'd certainly be more appreciated if he wasn't quite so pedantic and offensive at times. The internet is like that though, and would be a lot less colourful without the likes of him.

John.

Reply to
John Turner