BATFE??

Im sorry I haven't been catching on as to rocketry community, but how did BATF added an E at the end? what does E stand for? Explosives? is it a part of the homeland "security" stuff?? Kinda like BICE/INS kind of thing? so does this mean that USA is going to change their name as well? like USSA?

Reply to
tai fu

Yup. They also got moved from the "Department of the Treasury" to the "Department of Justice".

In other words, they're now officially "Law Enforcement" (like the FBI) instead of "Tax Collectors" (like the IRS).

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

What's next? Ban glasses from planes cause it can be "sharpened into deadly weapons" or used to "pick locks"?

Reply to
tai fu

Hush! Don't give them new ideas!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I was talking to a flight attendant. She had taken some silverware from first class home and had it in her bag to take back onto the airplane. They wouldn't let her through with it. She calmly explained that this was the silverware that they would be on the flight and that everyone at least in first class would have access to. NOPE, didn't matter.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

if you have the heart for more stories like this, check out

Murphy keeps making bigger idiots, it really is endless!

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Sad, ain't it? There was a time when America was at the forefront of the open society......then the mentals in government opened their pie holes. I can see it now, congressman using body doubles to take out their dog to pee in the dark. Plastic forks for the catered meal at the yearly joint session of congress. No one with a turban allowed to pump gas into the senator's limo.......if brains were dynamite (and the ATF didn't cut them off at the pass) our legislature wouldn't have enough to blow their collective noses.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy