Recent BS posts

...by producing nothing of merit to add to any of the newsgroups you're x-posting to?

Pat:

Think about it- the only time bottom posting is "better" is when a newbie is entering a thread for the first time and needs to get "caught up."

So your point is that those who have been paying attention all along must scroll down past all the historical stuff they already know, every time a new post is added, in order to make life easier one time for the ocasional clueless newbie?

Ya know, we had this one out back in the early 80s and a common feeling back then was that top posting was like Apple- definitely superior in so many ways, but hey, everybody else is using IBM . . .

(OBTW- anyone using "Wikipedia" as an athouritative source on *anything* has really jumped the shark big time)

Reply to
Steve & Leslie Swartz

: :Top posting is a courtesy to the intended reader(s) -

: Hogwash!

:

: -- : "False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the : soul with evil." : -- Socrates

Reply to
Eric Chomko

He does it because he's basically a prick...

I ( snipped-for-privacy@mbait.com) wrote: : You people because you disagree with their opinion on top-posting?

: O.k....

: > Hogwash! : >

: >

Reply to
Eric Chomko

: :> O.k.... : : : :You also seem to say little that is on topic. I'm sure Fred isn't the first : :or the last person to killfile you.

: Not given his attitudes. I, like a lot of folks, killfile the : stupidly annoying. Just trying to improve the signal to noise ratio : at my end of the wire....

To actually do that you'd have to stop posting altogether!

Eric

: -- : "It's always different. It's always complex. But at some point, : somebody has to draw the line. And that somebody is always me.... : I am the law." : -- Buffy, The Vampire Slayer

Reply to
Eric Chomko

I've got my newsreader set so that it shows all the threads at once in the order the messages were received in; therefore I can be hopping back and forth between a lot of threads as I advance through the messages, and the real aid there is if the poster leaves some context so I can see what they're responding to.

I just prefer bottom posting due to way I read the messages... however it's a personal thing, and open to individual tastes. Top posting is a minor inconvenience at most, and I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery