rmr regular recovering...

Lew Garrow, great friend and oft rmrian, is recovering from successful heart transplant surgery. He sounds great and is looking forward to the coming season even if he has to retrieve his own rockets. B^P

He told me he KNEW the donor wasn't:

-an attorney because they don't have hearts...

-my ex-wife because she never gave ANYTHING up...

He also said its the first time that he's had a good heart on in a while...

Lew, we love you and miss you and can't wait to see you around the field

...especially me 'cause you owe me a J800 B^P

Reply to
Gene Costanza

First I heard of Lew's troubles. Hope recovery is good. With the start of a new year maybe its a new chapter for him.

And I am sure this had nothing to do with the incident of me walking away after the TS flight.

Reply to
RDH8

Yeah, really! What he said!

(And good to see Gene popping up around here every now and then too!)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Get well soon Lew!

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Wow! Didn't know he was in need of one!

Take it easy, do what the docs tell you, and get that new ticker workin' like a champ, so you can go fly!

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

HEY!!! Be careful about inviting Gene to pop up. ;-)

RDH8

Reply to
RDH8

Whoa. I'm glad to hear that the surgery was successful. Best wishes to Lew for a speedy recovery!

Reply to
RayDunakin

This is the first I heard of Lew's condition. Great to know he is on the mend. Get well soon Lew..

Fred

Gene Costanza wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Glad to hear he is doing well

Hope his recovery is a speedy one

Joel

Reply to
joel

Lou - I wish you a full & speedy recovery.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Lew is a sweet guy. He bought the first HyperTEK M motor I ever sold, and flew it at NYPOWER. It was a wonderful, memorable day. Hanging around with his lovely wife while Lew and his crew were recovering the beast, I learned about his heart condition. He told me last year (at LDRS I think) that he was on the waiting list for a new ticker. I'm glad to hear he's acquired one, and I hope to see him at launches for many years to come.

Doug Pratt dad-at-pratthobbies-dot-com

Reply to
pratthobbies

Gene,

Thanks for the news -- Never knew...

Kindly pass along my regards and best wishes on to Lew. I'm passing along plenty so help yourself to some also! ;-)

Best, Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng