Rocket Challenge

Ok, I dont want to sound like a pessamist, but isn't this what we DONT want happening

QUOTED FROM DISCOVERY ONLINE

Rocket Challenge Supersonic Speed Demons

Speed is the challenge, as rocketeers compete to build and fly the fastest home built rocket at speeds over 1300 miles per hour. And viewers will see who can launch a rocket with the most precision in a target based, high-stress competition.

"see who can launch a rocket with the most precision in a target based, high-stress competition."

More fuel to the fire if you ask me.

Just pointing out what Discovery is describing for the 3rd installment of tonights show

Joel

77267 L2
Reply to
Joel Rogers

The competition is about speed......we'll have to wait and see what the 'precision' part of it is..........does it have to do with building techniques? Vertical versus downrange? Where the beast lands? This is the proverbial debate in a vacuum......so Joel hang in there Super Bowl sunday is about to begin! We'll find out a bunch more in just a few hours.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

HYPE

Phil

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Poor choice of words, perhaps, but I think it just means trying to meet a specific goal.

Reply to
RayDunakin

BTW, the winner was 81 feet away from the target.

Reply to
Roger Ivie
74 feet

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1