ROL NEWS--The Rocket Team Book Released

The Rocket Team Book Released August 13, 2003 Web posted at: 12:26 PM EDT

(ROL Newswire) -- Apogee Books is proud to present the newest edition of The Rocket Team by Frederick I. Ordway III & Mitchell R. Sharpe. This new edition includes a DVD-10 with hours of previously unreleased videos of the German Rocket Pioneers, including two lectures by Wernher von Braun.   On the 18th of June 2003 Frederick Ordway represented both Wernher von Braun and Arthur C. Clarke in accepting their awards as two of Aviation Weekís Top 100 Stars of Aerospace at the Paris Air Show.   Editorís Choice in The New York Times on August 4, 12, 19 and 26, 1979

Frederick I. Ordway appears on Dick Cavett Show October 5 and 26, 1979

Front page review in The New York Times Book Review July 29, 1979

"The authors have done an excellent job of telling the story of our team." Wernher Von Braun

". . . this book provides interesting and factual reading on one of the most influential technical achievements of the twentieth century." Astronomy

"The authors have made a commendable contribution in detailing this portion of important but frequently overlooked history. Moreover, they have presented it in a manner that focuses our attention on the past but at the same time encourages us to examine the future." Book World, Washington Post

". . . fascinating account that takes the reader from Germany and the V-2 rocket development to the United States and the Saturn moon rocket." Memphis Press Scimitar

"There is no doubt at all that some of the stories told in it are interesting, even thrilling. The tale of the spiriting of a V2 missile from Poland to Britain is worth a dozen chapters of James Bond." New Scientist (UK)

"The Rocket Team" by Frederick I. Ordway III & Mitchell R. Sharpe ISBN 1-894959-00-0 Published by Apogee Books

Source: ROL Newswire Service

Reply to
ROL News