Skippy bringing down HPR

Reply to
Phil Stein

More BS....

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

Jerry can't defend his actions with plausible deniability..(;-) He must now, pay up..

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

You're changing the subject instead of answering the question. Do you think that new testing would not be favorable? If not, why not?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jerry,

Thanks for helping with the federal deficit.

Reply to
Phil Stein

jerry's a real patriot, he's gonna let that fine, collect a whole bunch of interest, before he gets around to paying it off, thus helping out America.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

He is not the problem, the governemt (i.e., lifers working in the government) is the problem. Their need to feel important and that they are doing something necessary . This requires that they push around those who can't push back easily. They never have the balls to push around the powerfull individual or lobby.

Want to get pissed! Blame the goof balls working in the BATF or the low IQed Liberal Art hires working in Homeland Security or the FBI. They are a tempest in a tea pot with the ability to inflict great harm on anyone who comes into their sights. They are that which the founding fathers of this nation tried to prevent from emerging - a mindless governent machine that destroys first and asks question afterwards.

I should be fair here. The government worker does work real hard at being inept. No one can be born that stupid. It takes years of trainning to get that dumb.

Reply to
Arnold Roquerre

The interest on $40,000 at 6% is about $6.58 a day. Jerry can walk the parking lots at shopping malls with a sandwich board which says, "I am the Godfather of high power rocketry. For $9.00 I'll tell you the whole story, including my decades-long unjust persecution.".

After only one customer there will still be enough time to go to the post office and mail the daily interest payment in a money order off to the Feds, grab a plain hamburger (no cheese, no fries, no drink), and still get home with enough time left over to spend 19 hours of the day on RMR.

Of course, the security guards will try to shoo him away but then he will take off the sandwich board and stare at it and exclaim, "I'm SHOCKED! This isn't what I ordered at the print shop! I'm a victim of a mis-lableling error. This is supposed to say 'Adopt a Homeless Puppy'.

Reply to
Fred B

WOW! It sounds like you know jerry pretty well... hehehe.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

*GONG* Cheap shot argument technique, which insults the reader's intelligence. Author tries to sucker reader into belief that there can only be ONE problem ('the' problem), and thus it must be larger than the actions of one person, recasting the scope from "what damage might accrue to rocketry by Jerry's actions" to "the idiots working for the government who need to feel important".

Somebody ought to have a website which explains the various ways in which people try to mislead or evade issues when presenting their arguments.

Reply to
Fred B

Since when do the Feds charge 6%? If the interest don't get you, the penalties will.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Are you still pissed at the government because you can't marry your boy friend?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Kinda wonder if that also applies to all the "government workers" wearing various uniforms in the mideast. Maybe it applies to the "government workers" in the CF who, for a pittance, get the privilege of fighting the war on drugs. Possibly the government workers who spend six months at a time in a sealed tube under the surface of the ocean. They are all doing everything they can to eliminate HPR.

No, that can't be it. It must be the Air Traffic Controllers, US Forest Service, and the INS.

What is it with the Boston Tea Party rhetoric. Yup, the Patriot Act is an affront to basic civil liberty, the BATF is probably way outside their bounds. Time will tell.

However, I refuse to accept that the people who make up our government bureaucracy sit around looking for ways to piss Americans off.

I would agree that the Founding Fathers would be dismayed over the way things turned out. Yet I find it hard to fathom how those men would respond to a nation of 200+ million people, and a world where people kill the innocent to prove a point.

We are the government.How we live and work is what makes our nation great. The fact that we can post here is a sign that some of our most cherished rights still exist. I don't remember the last time an agent met me at the door of a Church saying that it had been closed down. At I went to a firearm store yesterday looking for FFFF black powder. There must have been 300 long guns there and I could have had any one with little or no hassle other than to drop my credit card on the table.

As to the government being owned by the elite, study your history. The founding fathers were all men. wealthy landowners, and many owned slaves.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but what the heck, I'm so tired of myopic, blame the government for all our problems blather.And if you did not vote in the last election, don't bother too post, as even you don't think your own point of view matters.

Al Gloer

*GONG* Cheap shot argument technique, which insults the reader's intelligence.

You need a friggin' lesson in Logic, son.

You try to insinute that the original poster is claiming a SINGLE problem exists... which of course is NOT true.

He proposes that Jerry IS NOT the problem, which of course, IS TRUE!

In fact, YOUR assertion that the original poster is claiming "there CAN BE ONLY ONE" is a friggin' LIE... and it is not even infered in the original post!

Your post is... hmmm...

... it appears to be another asshole with an agenda...

... hmmm... you're not (by any chance) AN IDIOT WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT?!?

Or are you just another anti-Jerry nutter?

Which is it?

  1. Idiot working for the Government
  2. Anti-Jerry Nutter.
  3. Just interested in Rocketry, my bad.

There are many...

Reply to
Mark

That's the problem sir, good people (such as yourself) just willing to wait around and see what happens. "Time will tell", yes... I'm afraid you're right!

You mis-understand... it's about 'controll', not 'pissing American off'.

They'd be pissed off! NOT dismayed!

And YOU should be PISSED too!!!

AND its not over yet, so don't say "the way things turned out".

Not since WWII. :(

Yeah... screw it, let's let the government do whatever they want... I'm tired of fighting. Let's let them interpret the Law with impunity and without Question.

Let's leave a legacy for our children of "Work and Buy... Work and Buy... Work and Buy... "

That's all they deserve... after all, THEY weren't at Valley Forge!

Reply to
Mark

Mark

You sort of missed my point. I was peeved at the post I replied to because I dislike the way people lump "the government" into some big evil organization. What I wanted to point out was I honestly believe that "government employees" are not a cabal of bad people selectively chosen to be either stupid or to have an intense drive to wipe out civil liberties. Most every "government worker" is probably a proud American, each doing what they feel is the best they can.

Yup, we got problems, Nope, I'm not sitting on the sideline, I'm actively involved at the local level trying to promote our hobby. No, I will not support a politician in any election who deems the erosion of our civil liberties a suitable trade for anything. I am a bit more flexible in my interpretation as for ten years I chose to give up a large part of those liberties while I wore a uniform of the armed forces.

On the same side, I will not disobey a law/regulation simply because I disagree with it.

I will concede the journey is not at an end. The landscape that is America continues to evolve and grow. I do believe that we are in a crisis as we try to balance our liberties against the terrorist threat that has no face, places no value on any life, and is willing to do anything to hurt us.

I would ask you to post here how you would deal with this problem. This is so far outside the scope of our nation's experience that mistakes costly to liberty are being made. I just don't think they are being done for the reasons I see stated so often.

One point I strongly disagree with you on is:

Let's leave a legacy for our children of "Work and Buy... Work and Buy... Work and Buy... "

That's all they deserve... after all, THEY weren't at Valley Forge!

No, they were not. However how many of our children were touched by 9/11? By Oklahoma City? By Flight 103? The list continues to grow.

The war is way different. We are now fighting against a malevolent perversion of humanity. As I said we are fighting an enemy which has no moral values at all. It is sad that sometimes the weapons in that war will be things we don't like.

I wish I knew what to do -> beyond supporting our troops, and performing my civic duties to the best of my availability.

I do believe that things are not as bad as some would have us believe. The fact that we can have this conversation is proof of that.

Reply to
Al Gloer

What a dick..

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

True. And guys like this are headed for misery anyway. Why even bother to push a falling tree.

Reply to
Fred B

Time will happen to you.

Reply to