Skippy bringing down HPR

Thanks alot asshole for bringing more negative publicity to our hobby.
I'm sure fellow hobbyists will be real happy to see you at LDRS this
year. "Oh here comes the guy who got busted for shipping rocket motors as model aircraft parts. What an asshole!"
PLONK! Altopian troll.
And this affects you how??????? If you get this upset over one guy that does something wrong, Jerry might not be the only one that needs help.
On Fri, 28 May 2004 11:49:57 -0500, Brian Efforts

On Fri, 28 May 2004 14:28:47 -0400, Phil Stein

You giving Skippy a pass for the hobby in general? Or just yourself?
As you probably see from my posts, I'm against what he did. That being said, I'm not getting all upset over it. Give yourself a break.
On Fri, 28 May 2004 14:08:57 -0500, Brian Efforts

Point.
Phil almost taking my side? Am I in the universe still?
Hey, Brian, pass me that bong!
:)

I'm not against you. I just don't agree with everything you say & do.

Phil wrote: << I'm not against you. I just don't agree with everything you say & do. >>
Ditto. I have on occasion lost patience with Jerry and made some regrettably harsh comments toward him, but I'm not against him.

Far too often indeed :-(
Ray D wrote:

comments toward him, but I'm not against him.<
Jerry's many things but he is/was a pioneer of the hobby. Jerry is OK in my book.
I truly hope he gets through the legal BS he's into right now!
Ohmigod! A supporter!
--

Bruce Kirchner
TRA L2 #5888
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bruce Kirchner) wrote:

The path to clear is cloudy but progressing. Since the motor company is neither Jerry or DPT (both were fined), it will not slow down things except re those persons/firms. It is a total buttfuck for them (ie me). A fine several times the gross annnual income from all operations? Sad really.
I guess I have a really good defense from increases in child support!!
Clubs making things MORE DIFFICULT doesn't help.

<< Since the motor company is neither Jerry or DPT>>
So who IS the motor company?
<< A fine several times the gross annnual income from all operations? Sad really. >>
Indeed.
<< I guess I have a really good defense from increases in child support!! >>
That's hardly something to brag about.
Bruce K. wrote: << Jerry's many things but he is/was a pioneer of the hobby. >>
I've never disputed that.
<< Jerry is OK in my book. >>
I don't think he deserves an unlimited free pass on all his BS just because he's been in the hobby a long time.
<< I truly hope he gets through the legal BS he's into right now! >>
So do I. I'd like to see him get his act together so he can legally manufacturer and ship motors, and get them certified. Barring that, I'd settle for having him do what some small wannabe manufacturers have done -- go "underground" and quietly make motors for a small circle of folks who don't care about certs and don't need legal shipping.

Like who?
Jerry

because
settle
don't
... and who promise not to run sting operations for government agencies to strike back at people who don't mind jeopardizing the hobby.
Brian Efforts wrote:
<snip crap>
Maybe you ought to consider taking up a collection to help JI.
Just a thought - Take a hard look at "who's on our side" -- Bruce Kirchner TRA L2 #5888 Michigan Team 1 High Power Rocketry Proud Gun Owner!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bruce Kirchner) wrote:

I posted a link to a suggested raise of funds. Specifically to get a favorable treatment of APCP based on the grandfathered test report (independent of prior CA documents) and not applied to fines whatsoever.
If successful any and all APCP manufacturers of consumer size motors would direclty benefit.
Not to mention every consumer who ever did or will pay a hazmat fee or stick a load in a magazine.
Jerry
"That is too much $ to ask for?"

<< I posted a link to a suggested raise of funds. Specifically to get a favorable treatment of APCP based on the grandfathered test report (independent of prior CA documents) and not applied to fines whatsoever. >>
Why depend on "grandfathering" old test reports, instead of new testing?

Why depend on and defend exemptons when you can have NPRM968?
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Why not just answer his question?