Small and Simple Hybrids are Possible

Thanks for the correction: Insert, " anything other than the Hybrids offered up".

I did not make or insinuate such a statement, so how can I answer it..(;-)

Fred

Reply to
WallaceF

If you look at the message that Jerry provided a link for, you will see that the motor type was irrelevent. You will also see that Jerry's comments about being accused of inappropraite behavior are grossly over stated.

A mosaic is starting to be revealed. It looks like Jerry has taken liberties with the truth.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Gee, isn't there something cheaper and more readily available? :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

So no assembly lube needed?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Reply to
Phil Stein

I find it intersting that a guy that sometimes posts with a signature of "Solids Bigot" would be trying to bet hybrids certified.

Reply to
Phil Stein

The whole point was to conclusively show the exclusion games were indepent of "permit" and "dating" issues.

I proved it.

Nobody could overcome Bruce Kelly to do something about it however.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I get the point. I just thought it was interesting.

BK does not seperate his personal feelings from busniess. I had a situation with him over HPR issues where he told me he'd answer my question IF I agreed to stop knocking him & HPR. I will take a lot more than one or two $6.00 magazines to shut me up. Anyway what Sue said BK said was almost the same thing he said to me. Looks like he didn't shut you up either.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Thanks for sharing your opinion Joel, as that is all that it is. Perhaps you should go back and review some of your own postings.

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

I generaly agree.

Not 100%, but largely, yes.

Also he is quick to judge and assume the worst, in some cases causing a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Lets see, you're going to post when Jerry posts to correct his postings knowing that will cause him to post more, to which you'll respond, but that's not part of the problem.

-Absolutely- my opinion.

I have, I'm sorry for all my previous posts and sins. How many on topic posts have you made in this hybrid thread alone? I count 10 total, but find none other than bringing up Jerrry. Doesn't matter. Let's start counting tomorrow and see if we can't turn this group around.

Do you own a hybrid motor? Even Dave sounds interested in the microhybrid. I'm really curious to hear what it sounds like at this point. The saucer kit looks pretty easy to assemble, just need to clear some table space. Ok, ok I'll admit I was never very good at cutting on the line ;)

Actually this 10" nosecone has been giving me fits. The filler keeps popping off. I don't think it's compatible with the gelcoat. With the aeropoxy filler setting, maybe I will break out the scissors and see if I can't follow that line{how can it be a line if it's curved?}. Might give me a shot at flying it this weekend with a {cough} solid propellant motor to test it out.

Joel. phx

I've found the plastic on single use aerotech motor packages to be reasonably thick, not sure if anyone has tried those as burst discs?

Reply to
Joel Corwith

However you fully will continue and escalate.

And I suspect ask forgiveness again?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No you did not. You never properly submitted them.

Reply to
RayDunakin

You haven't finished the nosecone yet?

Reply to
Ken Sparks

Bingo!!

Yep, a couple of micros; not very happy with them. Giving some thought to EX M-class or larger. Haven't reached my knowledge comfort zone yet, to start design work. I'm interested in self contained units like AT. I detest all the HDW required for an on the pad fill system.

Fred

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

This thread inspired me to actually do sometging. On Sunday, I drew up some CAD designs of a 29mm G hybrid, I ran the numbers and Ordered some materials. Today I machined the parts, and fired the motor.

It's 12" Long, and the math says is a 120Ns G motor, 50Ns average. It uses an ABS fuel grain, Pyro ignition, Snap ring case, and a reusable graphite nozzle.

It requires 'simple' GSE. A tank, solenoid, and a remote control switch.

Todd

Reply to
Todd Moore

Now thats cool!! Any Idea what it would cost to purchase and reload costs?

Dennis

Reply to
D&JWatkins

Except for the snap rings and nozzle you described what I submitted for cert at LDRS~1995.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Except that you did not submit the motors to TMT, you ask Sue M. to transport them for you, in Her personal vehicle. The motors in question, never made it to TMT, therefore they were not submitted.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis