Stupid/Funny question/idea

Just a dumb newbie idea.....

Has anyone ever just attached small fins and a nose cone directly to an engine? If it could be made stable, I bet that sucker would really go!

Reply to
Scott Lyter

yes, many times

Reply to
Steven

Yes, they go quite well...

Use swept back fins to make it stable. (Something like an Estes Mosquito)

Dan Chandler Southern New England Associati>Just a dumb newbie idea.....

Reply to
Dan Chandler

All the time. I did that with an H640 and it was speed tracked to about M2.4.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Alpha for better structural strength or for longer motors like a clipped delta.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've seen a G64 on a stick once. Just like a bottle rocket. Straight into the dirt. Ken

Reply to
Hawarden

J880's work pretty well too :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

Used to do it a LONG time ago with Estes motors. Needed long, swept fins.

Not quite what you're asking about, but it's interesting:

Gary

Hey Tom whenever you want to do some speed runs, I have developed some really exciting motors since 1988.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I remember you calling that standard Lucerne technology while presenting a

54mm K version of this sort of rocket to the RSO at LDRS 7 in Hartsel. The answer was "this ain't Lucerne". Same launch someone else's finned 98mm N with a (ahem) unique separation device wasn't allowed to fly.

Bummer, I wanted to see both of them go. I did fly a L750 with fins sometime later. It had a parachute (really), though a bit small by some standards..

Mike D

Reply to
M Dennett

yep, It's possible to have the CP located aft of the body tube (or motor).

-Dan

Reply to
Dan Chandler

I've seen a K on a broomstick... (wasn't something of mine though)

-Dan

Reply to
Dan Chandler

Special rules for "Jerry" have always been in place.

Jerry

"Mr. Irvine has been really helpful...I appreciate his advice."

Thanks Jerry; you are a wealth of knowledge. -- Richard "well, he is" Hickok

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's because you belong in a "special class". ;-)

Mark Simpson

My little brothers used to steal my 1/2A6-2's and fire them thus.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I still stick fins on motors. The motors are a bit bigger and the fins steelier.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh man, 'Special Class' LOL remember how they were allways going places? And peeking into the class rooms, through the little 'door windows', as they left?

da rmr plumber Gary R Goldenbaum NAR #73669 L1 remove nichspam to reply

Reply to
GGoldy