Sun Rocket??? F-F Thread, Plz

A while back, I read here that someone had done a small model that used the sun to counter weather-cocking of the airframe. Anyone remember
that? Does someone here have any details? A webpage that explained it? I have a team of students that are participating in a national event, and would like to investigate this sort of thing. Any and all info is appreciated.
--
James L. Marino
SAS, LUNAR,
James L. Marino wrote:

--
Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L2
Thanks, Will.

Check out George Gassaway's Sun Seeker
http://members.aol.com/GCGassaway/gcghome.htm

There's more on George's Sun Seeker on the SEARS 572 and BRB 665 websites:
http://www.birminghamrocketboys.com /
http://www.sears572.com /
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Dear James, Read my August 1993 issue of Hight Power Rocketry. If you need a schematic design I can cook you one up.
Basicly you go to radio shack and get a 10 Kohn 10 turn resisteers, several 555 timer chips and a few 741 operationa amps. its an easy circuit. I have a 20 year background in instrumentation so I can help you along.
Basicly you use 4 photoresisters as your horizon sensors,. And you want those amplified and balanced . So a gright light dead on to your noce cone as you adjust the pots is really important. Now you going to feed that pitch and yaw signal to your two 555 timers to devekop a 20 ms pulse. That is dead zero on a R/C servo.
There is also a NARTS report on a Sun seeker as well. If you can not get a copy of the Aug 1993 HPR issue email me back and I'll send you one.
Dave Ketchledge NAR SR 57237