Tandem X launch problem

Hi, this was our first rocket build and launch attempt. We got it to launc h twice, but the rocket only went about 6 - 8 feet in the air both times be
fore falling. Parachute shot out after the rocket landed on the ground. Ca n anyone tell us what we are doing wrong? A couple of other attempts - we could hear it igniting, but rocket didn?t leave the ground at all. Tku!
Op zondag 8 april 2018 23:12:33 UTC+2 schreef snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

nch twice, but the rocket only went about 6 - 8 feet in the air both times before falling. Parachute shot out after the rocket landed on the ground. Can anyone tell us what we are doing wrong? A couple of other attempts - w e could hear it igniting, but rocket didn?t leave the ground at all . Tku!
Did the model go easily on the launch rod? Is the launch rod clean & smooth or dirty and rusty?
Your model was too heavy for the motor used might be another answer.
What's the weight of your rocket and what motor did you use?