Tandem X launch problem

Hi, this was our first rocket build and launch attempt. We got it to launc h twice, but the rocket only went about 6 - 8 feet in the air both times be
fore falling. Parachute shot out after the rocket landed on the ground. Ca n anyone tell us what we are doing wrong? A couple of other attempts - we could hear it igniting, but rocket didn?t leave the ground at all. Tku!