Tandem X launch problem

Hi, this was our first rocket build and launch attempt. We got it to launc h twice, but the rocket only went about 6 - 8 feet in the air both times be fore falling. Parachute shot out after the rocket landed on the ground. Ca n anyone tell us what we are doing wrong? A couple of other attempts - we could hear it igniting, but rocket didn?t leave the ground at all. Tku!

Reply to
mopatry1

Op zondag 8 april 2018 23:12:33 UTC+2 schreef snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

nch twice, but the rocket only went about 6 - 8 feet in the air both times before falling. Parachute shot out after the rocket landed on the ground. Can anyone tell us what we are doing wrong? A couple of other attempts - w e could hear it igniting, but rocket didn?t leave the ground at all . Tku!

Did the model go easily on the launch rod? Is the launch rod clean & smooth or dirty and rusty?

Your model was too heavy for the motor used might be another answer.

What's the weight of your rocket and what motor did you use?

Reply to
Roland Lemmers