Thick walled BT-60 somewhere?

Hi,

Just trashed my American flag painted, kit bashed Mean Machine. I used a Vinyl coated nylon chute and it hung up in the body tube and nosed in. Got four flights out of it on F21-6's. I kick myself for using a different chute and thought I used enough talcum and packed carefully. I wonder if anyone makes a slightly thicker BT-60 body tube so I could reprise the model? I glassed the tubes with resin and it was a royal pain. Rick Boyette "Rocket Rik" sent me the instructions on how to "quasi-glass" tubes. Indeed it is easier than fiberglassing but if someone knows of a source of thicker BT-60 type tubes that would be the easy way out to get a bit more strength and I could concentrate more on painting rather than sanding and re-applying resin. The model looked so cool going up and the F21-6 econojet really sent an echo out over the farmland.

Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

J.A. Michel

Hi Kurt,

I've never had to use anything on BT60 or ST-13 tubes.

I fly a ThunderHawk St-13 (centuie style bt-60) on D12s to F21s all the time in stock paper, with just balsa fins covered in stick on laser address label.

resin without a true glass just adds weight, no strength.

that's why those poly socks or pantyhose tricks just add weight as well.

if you really want a glass, then you gota use a glass, but for Fs, Is and Ms even, you don't really need it all the time.

build Mid & HPR Rockets like they were a contest model ;-)

Reply to
AlMax

Loc makes a thick walled 1.52" tube that is near to a BT-60. I am building a Weasel and noticed this. I might build a G-powered version of my rocket using this.

Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

The Weasel is a kewl rocket, and we have put I motors in them, the I-69 being real long burn.

Glue your Weasel fins to the motor mount, and then slot the tube to slide over the fins.

Reply to
AlMax