trouble acessing newsgroups

anyone having trouble getting to newsgroups besides AOL users?

Reply to
LeRoycom

Yesterday I asked AOL about it, they said the AOL system was having problems. So I don't think it's happening to anyone outside of AOL.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Seems to be OK from here...

-dw

Reply to
David Weinshenker

*Seriously* time to change. Yeah, I know downtime can happen with any provider, but it's happened WAY too often recently...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Ask Ray about his antique Mac. You might want to wait until the next time he can't view something & it's because the necessary software is ot available for his model or one of his rants about newfangled stuff. AOL is only one dimension of Ray. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

I dumped AOL despite the many "peripheral benefits" a long time ago and haven't looked back with envy since.

Same with logged-in ROL. Not much there, there.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But look at all the machinations you have to go through to view and post to rmr. I know it doesn't stop yuour blathering, but you have waaayyy too much time on your hands too.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The last problem a couple of months ago was that the newsgroups didn't work with FlashSession. If you stayed online and read them then, it worked. Otherwise you kept getting multiple messages(both sent and recieved). If you don't use FlashSession, you'd never notice it. For those of us who do, it was a SERIOUS pain in the ass...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP