UKRA Website Overhaul

Dear All,

The UKRA website is currently being overhauled, so please bear with us if a few things break at the moment.

The website has been tested on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Opera, and seems to work. A few sections are not moved over to the new format yet (namely the FAQ and MAP) purely because we have not had time to do so yet.

The page structure behind the scenes will change again in the next day or so, when they get replaced with the versions with server side includes. Due to some pressing media coverage of UKRA, we had to bring forward the go live date, which is why the vesion of the website without Server Side includes has gone up just now.

Hopefully the page links within the website still work. There are a bunch of bits that will go in over the next few days, such as the weather applet, and there is some mapping applications to go in too. The membership section is still in dodgy alpha testing at the moment, so again, you'll have to bear with us on that. There needs to be some more work on the news section too, to put the archives back on, and a few other things need doing.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm rambling. The urgency for putting the new website up came when I got a phone call on Friday evening saying about more imminent press coverage on Saturday regarding the rocket powered Mini, so sleep was cancelled, and I still haven't gone to bed yet, so there may be a few glitches due to extreme tiredness :-)

I hope those of you who make use of the website will find the changes beneficial, and for those who haven't seen the UKRA website, please do take a look :-)

Best wishes,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Osborne

I can make it crash IE6 easily. Just narrow the browser down to where the photo of the Mini Cooper overlaps the left side menu. Widen it, then narrow it again. All of a sudden, it hangs.

On Firefox the photo overlaps, but it recovers ok.

On Opera the photo stops before it overlaps, but then the right side menu overlaps. No hanging though.

Seems to have something to do with the photo, which is probably not playing nice with the box model.

Otherwise, it looks to be an excellent site.

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

The HTML and CSS need to be redone to use relative positioning and float, rather than absolute. This should fix the crash and overlap problem and make it more well behaved in general.

Reply to
John Bowles