Waivers and certification (Was: Launching heavy rockets)

is it? i thought that it would need a waiver, but not level certification.

Anything over 3.3lbs total OR 125g of propellant requires a waiver.

At a club launch, HPR cert is needed as well. If I understand the NFPA stuff correctly, you could maybe need certification even for a lone ranger launch, if you live in an area that has adopted NFPA (1127?) standards.

But if you just have a waiver, you're probably OK.

Besides the two above, there are four other conditions which require HPR certification, but not FAA waivers.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Crap - looks like I'm SOL until I get a cert...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP