Wall Street Journal on Rockets.

There is a good article in Today's Wall Street Journal (Friday May

7th) on the Rocketry Hobby. Front Page! I typed up an over view and posted to the ROL forum.

John

Reply to
John

"good" article?

Pax

Reply to
Paxton

Maybe our senators would appreciate receiving a fax of it from each of their constitutes.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

since teh test are "classified" does that mena that we will have to do a FOIA to get the results? Or does a FOIA request even apply to "classified" documents?

I assume the NAR/TRA is pursuing this? yes?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Do you want me to fax you a sheet of paper with black lines drawn across it or wait for the government to do it?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

10-20 years.

By being classified congress is protected from knowing all the ways they failed to make rockets harmful and are only exposed to the most successful misuses they could achieve with overpriced contractors.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You do it. At least it will take less time to see the same result :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

well If FOIA isn't the answer, then I guess Senator Enzi will have to push to make sure the information comes to light....Don't know how realistic that might be.... I am assuming that these tests are a direct result of Sen. Enzi's letter to the DOJ asking them basically to prove their contentions about "potential" uses......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

"Hey look guys - we can spend government money playing with rockets now!"

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Even he does not have the authority.

Look at his letter to ATF!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

May we help?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Should be on the friggin front page of every newspaper in America, not because it deals with us the hobby rocketeer, but it is a perfect example of just how incompetent and dangerous our Homeland Insecurity department is. But until the US takes border control seriously, this kind of BS is all we are going to get in the name of "protection".

Reply to
a0002604

I wonder of the government hired the same guys for this project who rigged up rocket motors to blow up those Chevy trucks for NBC 'way back when?

Neutrodyne

Reply to
John H. Smith

Unfortunately, a porous border is the sacred cow of liberals. They scream bloody murder at even the slightest attempt to protect our nation's borders.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Seems like "protecting the borders" misses the point... it assumes that "the threat" is People From Another Country. Sometimes it isn't; 9/11 may have been pulled off by a gang of dissident Saudis hiding out in Afghanistan, but the last one before that was "homeboys": the McVeigh/Nichols explosion in Oklahoma City.

Even today it would be possible for a domestic suicide bomber to get a "user permit", buy explosives, and blow himself up somewhere public - all in perfect compliance with the regulations until he committed the final violation (and that would be of the parts of the Explosives Act that specifically outlawed Doing Destructive Things With Explosives, rather than the regulationsin Part 55 itself)... it's not like a "history of Suicide Bombing" would appear on one's Federal Background Check! ...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

... pretty good e-mail signature material if you ask me ;^)

Reply to
nOrM Dziedzic

And the one before that was by another bunch of Saudi murderers in

1993 when WTC was bombed before. And that doesn't count attacks on US property abroad which are just as US soil as NYC like embassies and the Cole. So the renegade Saudi's are still up by around 3000 dead. I know which one I will worry more about.

Nice straw man, but trotting out McVeigh every time some starts to get serious about border control is being foolish.

Reply to
a0002604