Website update

I just updated Fire & Smoke for June. Follow:

and click the link to the Special Feature page. Some cool rocket stuff and photos including a couple of static tests with rockets on the rod.

Randy

<randyolb

Great pictures of your Team America group!

I was the returns judge at TARC who told Kendall that she was DQed because her motor mount separated and came down in an unsafe manner. Believe me, it was heartbreaking. I knew it was a lost cause, but I solicited opinions about the possibility that the motor mount itself might have made the motor casing spin, and somehow be construed as a recovery device....but it was clearly a construction failure.

Kendall impressed me tremendously with her great attitude. When the judges gathered to pass out the special awards, I pulled out her flight card and described the situation. Several others backed me up. She got the Sportsmanship Award unanimously. She deserved it, and more.

Doug Pratt

pratthobbies

snip

That is so cool! Thanks Doug! Considering all she went through, with losing her team mate to illness, her primary rocket being damaged in transit and then having the glue joint fail, it is nice that she still was recognized for doing her best and not complaining. She is truly a special young woman.

Randy

<randyolb

Yeah, I asked her where the rest of her team was, and found out that she was the whole team. She didn't ask for sympathy, she just went to work...and when the disappointing results hit, she took it like a grownup. Heck, she acted more mature than people twice her age.

The whole Team America experience will renew your faith in American youth. I think my own kids are pretty darn terrific...and it's nice to be reminded that they are not all that exceptional. Yeah, they're different. How could they not be, considering how much the world has changed? But on the whole, The Kids are All Right.

Reply to
pratthobbies