When are motors to be de-certified?

Yes. That would be I.

Reply to
PhilipD

Yes, but one who's name will not be mentioned again for fear of raising the demon was FAMOUS for that tactic. I should know, we did battle on RMR many times...

PhilipD

Well, I missed it. CC me when you get it.

Philip

Reply to
PhilipD

Please clarify that entity for us morons.

Philip

Reply to
PhilipD

I do find that troubling....

Reply to
PhilipD

Change subject, ignore question.

Ok, let's get particular. He was at the time offer was made, was he not? The certainly is what I got from the post.

Reply to
PhilipD

NAR/TRA are AHJ's for NFPA regs and are solely responsible for throttling of the consumer motor market. Not DOT, not ATF, not CSFM, not CPSC.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Shhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never mention the name of a sleeping demon lest you awaken them.....

"David Erbas-White" wrote:

Reply to
PhilipD

ROTFLMAO!!!!

"Kurt Kesler" wrote:

Reply to
PhilipD

Did I miss a meeting? Is TRA/NAR now the authority who determines what is "valid for use in shipping/certifying motors"

Reply to
PhilipD

I agree. Despite many digressions, that is the whole point of this thead. Clear, umbiguous, and equal treatment.

Assuming that it is TRA's place to regulate shipping (which I disagree with)

---------------------------------------------- If Jerry's papers are invalid, they need to be replaced. If they are not replacable (per Jerry's argument), then take his motors. BUT If they are invalid, AT's new manufacturing facilty needs all NEW EX numbers which I would like to see. If they are not invalid (per Jerry's argument), then take his motors.

Assuming that it is TRA's place to regulate manufacturing (which I also disagree with)

---------------------------------------------- If TRA believes that Jerry needs a LEMP, the lawsuit is pointless. BUT If the lawsuit has merit, then Jerry has no need for a LEMP. Take his motors.

Reply to
PhilipD

What about my question? Where Jerry shows the NAR proof of ownership (and perhaps the transferral thereof as well) of ACS to show they are his EX numbers, then sends certified funds and motors (that match those that have received EX numbers) to the proper address for certification.

Would that be too easy? What else am I missing in the dark and mysterious world of motor certs? (aside from outcries of "NAR won't let me! NAR won't let me! Tricks us, they did, my precious! TRICKS US!!!")

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

beetlegeuse?

- iz

PhilipD wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

This should be in the FAQ

But it will be totally ignored by both TRA and NAR

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Your words, not mine. I did not say one way or the other how DOT sees them. Since you obviously know, enlighten us. Show us your info from DOT. Not your opinion, but your data.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

And greatly improve the local s/n ration (excessive punctuation and all)...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

actually he was not, he was merely the ex-President, current Prefect Liason and NFPA seat holder, host to HQ, and at the time one of the principal spokepersons for the TRA BoD (until the membership complained so much about his demeaning posts that he was stilled)

all of which is irrelevant to the fact that he has been and continues to be a central figure in TRA regardless of his official position, and the sentiment that I should leave TRA rather than remain and dissent BoD policy and actions was shared by many BoD members (hence my listserv suspension and subsequent debate of my renewal)

- iz

PhilipD wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Bruce Kelly is the first TRA President to "step down" and still have just as much responsibility and public persona as before he stepped down. And we never hear from Dick Embry. Dick's email isn't even on the TRA website! It seems the Presidential change was a straw man.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I emailed it to them anyway. It's only a few wasted electrons.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes. Please! I seem to be out of that loop :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine