Worlds smallest altimeter

OK, Now I have gone and done it. I decided I needed to make an altimeter that would fit into a 10mm airframe to fly on Micro Maxx motors.

Here is a photo of it on a dime:

Now to get the battery squared and the ebay built. RDH8

Reply to
RDH8

just how high are you flying those micromaxx rockets? :)

Doesnt this seriously change the overall weight of the rocket, therefore making its use to guage height moot?

but where do you find a 10mm battery? maybe a charged cap?

Reply to
tater schuld

Amazing.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If you fly a micromaxxx in a minimal mass airframe, it goes surprisingly high. I would guess this would go higher than the typical Quest stock kit.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Should add about 3grams.

3 watch batteries, 8mm dia or 2x 10mm lithium batts
Reply to
RDH8

Sensor ? Readout ? Details man ! Give us the details !

John (designer of the Sand Gnat)

Reply to
John Bonnett

...from the mind of minolta(rdh8)........

heh

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

See that white square in the photo? Thats the LED that blinks out the altitude. The sensor is mounted on the other side of the board. It's based on my PICO-LO3 found at picoalt.com

It's .6in x .3in and weights .8g

Reply to
RDH8

Wow, thats *really* small. I guess all you really need for peak reporting is a PIC with built-in ADC, a small pressure sensor and an LED for output. Have you got a pic of the other side of the PCB?

Also, how big is a dime? I have more idea of how big the IC is than the coin!

Reply to
Niall Oswald

I've got a lithium battery smaller than that. Fits inside a hollow PDA stylus. BR435: 4mm diameter 35mm long. There's also a BR425.

Bob Kaplow

It is stored in write-only memory! :-)

Reply to
David

Do you know a good source for those? I have a lighted stylus that is almost dead. I haven't seen any around, but haven't really started looking yet. Little fingers (and big ones) are fascinated by the thing.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

I know Target used to carry them next to the little pen flash lights.

constitutional

Reply to
RDH8