?

cgi, even better.

Reply to
someone

...crap - it's gusting to 52 here! Out of the due north...and we had a C-141 buzzing us this morning when I went out to breakfast...think it was a C-17 on Friday. Guess the heavies came up here to check it out...

Started cutting a new sticker plate for my bike, but the wind was blowing the aluminum filings around so bad I had to shut the garage door and stop. At least I finished th laundry...so much for washing bikes or cars or whatever...

...been cruising on ZBC.

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus wrote in news:iqoLl.86745$DP1.73642@attbi_s22:

I thought C-141s were O/S now.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Could be...I'm not very tight on my truck-recce...

...all I know was that it seemed too skinny to be a C-17 (vertical tail didn't look wide enough, either), and not big enough to be a C-5A. And it had a T-tail, and wasn't a C-130.

Spent the morning in the pattern...big pattern. Then the winds came up...

Reply to
Rufus

two heliocopters flew right over my house. they were clipping al;ong like it was nothing. they looked like the piazeckis, a kind of bannana shape. i thought they were out of service? they were bmf's! they also didn't sound like turbines, they had the heavy thrumming of radial engines. any idea of what they are? they were dark colors, and looked military.

Reply to
someone

...if they looked like this, they were probably Frogs:

That's about the only thing out there other than an MV-22 (...shudder...) that I can think of in that configuration. Likely Marines in your neck of the dez...out of the Stumps, or Irwin. Maybe Army, if they were green...

Reply to
Rufus

ain't zbc the balls? i believe those are the helos. they seemed longer in flight but they were 1/2 mile plus away, so my rheumy old eyes may have misjudged. you have a main gate sticker type thing? i remember the ones at ft lostinthewoods, they were huge. how to ruin your front forks....try to take them off. i used a pedestrian slicer and got shit from the pussy mp's.

Reply to
someone

...we got an even worse sitch up here than that - seems a few uniformed Navy types went out and got themselves killed on sportbikes last year...so the CNO decided he's going to crack down on all this "dangerous" motersicle stuff...never mind that a good portion of the fatalities were guys that didn't even have licenses and shouldn't have been on a bike in the first place...and they thought so little of us civvies that they didn't even include us in the stats...

...they were going to mandate that EVERYONE riding aboard a Navy facility has to take specific-to-bike motorcycle safety training, and that us civvies were going to have to even PAY for it out of our own pockets - every three years!

I personally stood up on my hind legs and called "BULLSHIT" at the top of my lungs right into the Admiral's office - I don't wear a uniform, I don't work directly for DoD, and I'm a rider duly licensed to ride in the state of CA...that has taken a safety course, and under the law, that's ALL I need be.

Anyway, my explosively directs arguments via e-mail helped save the contractor civvies, but we all got these red dots on our badges now - I call them "nazi dots", and I'd like to stick a yellow star over mine - to mark us as bikers. And we now have an extra sticker with a serial number on it (they might as well have just tattooed our left forearms...) to keep us from swapping a sticker set from one bike to another.

Sheesh...government bastards...so my new plate is now about gonna double as a windshield once I get it fabbed. I haven't ridden since I got my new badge and sticker set at the turn of the year, and all the guards are starting to give me crap for it...

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus wrote in news:pzpLl.86827$DP1.35778@attbi_s22:

There's always the chance one or two are doing special duty.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Not to mention that I'm close enough to NASA Edwards that they could be doing something with one that I'd see...but this one was Fleet livery, so I doubt it was out of Eddy.

But ya never know...given that there was a C-17 about on Friday, the C-17 bubbas could have been running some comparative sort of thang...

Reply to
Rufus

no, put a pink triangle over it and really confuse them. bet they self destruct. why should you have to take that shit? heinlein's views about government were correct. when you need a wallet full of cards to prove who you are, it's time to find a new planet.

Reply to
someone

Better a 6 pointed yellow star with the word "jude" in fractur typeface.

Reply to
willshak

...more convinced now that what I saw was a C-5A...there's one on our ramp this morning...

...next to a C-17, a C-5A certainly looks skinny.

Reply to
Rufus

Secret Black helicopters? Call in Mel Gibson.

We have C-130s fly overhead here in Western New York all the time. Mostly out of Niagara Falls AFB, or heading in there.

Reply to
The Old Man

We have C-5As of the 105th AW ANG flying out of Stewart here in the Hudson Valley of NY. They used to fly directly over my house, but the landing pattern was changed in the last decade or so. I used to work with a woman whose son was a member of the 105th and I got a tour of the C-5A, including sitting in the pilot's seat. It was funny that as big as it was, the cockpit width was about the size of a full sized car.

Reply to
willshak

Rufus wrote in news:1XGLl.684030$yE1.657981@attbi_s21:

When I saw a C-5 in the flesh(metal?) I was aware that at least 5 houses the size of mine at the time would have fit inside one. If I hadn't seen them fly over here I wouldn't have believed anything that big would lift off.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I once got to go eyeball to eyeball airborne with one once...was flying a Piper Arrow out of St. Mary's in southern MD and the thing came lumbering up shooting an approach at NAS Pax. It was so big from that vantage point that it didn't even seem to be moving...think I got more than a couple landings in before it finished and turned outbound. Huge.

But I think a C-17 at least looks even "bigger"...you could open a brace of condos in the vertical tail of a C-17...I think the fuselage is shorter, but wider. Makes it look massive.

Reply to
Rufus