1/25 "old west" figures ?

just picked up the old AMT "The General" train engine. Have been told its 1/25 scale. I seriously doubt there are train set figures in this scale??

I want to finish it in an old west or working train dark grey/black finish with a couple of figures.

Probably gonna be one of those dead end diorama ideas I keep coming up with, but you all may know of something...

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

found some Preiser Indians and cowboys. So I could do either an Indian raid on the engine or a hold up. Have not seen any figures for the train crew, fireman, conductor, etc.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

why not show the indians riding away after they massacre, mutilate and rob? you could make a lot of dead guy's parts. lotsa blood and a blown up train has many possibilities.

Reply to
someone

Go to the model train store (or oner like Walther's on line) and look for G-Guage figures. They run all the way from 1860s to present. Some tend to be a bit toylike, but with a bit of tweaking, can be made into first-rate figures. Some of the structures and hardware are truely dynamite as well.

Reply to
The Old Man

Check them out first - "G Gauge" right now seems to cover either

1/22.5 or 1/29.5 depending on the manufacturer.

Take a gauge or ruler -- anything about 3" high (75mm) should work as well as 77mm figures.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne