1/48 Fiesler Storch

I am looking at an old 1/48 ESCI Fiesler Storch on e-bay. Is this worth having for a build or just as a collectors item? Thanks for your input. Pete

Reply to
The Laws

It is a little finicky to get together but the result is a nice variation from another Bf-109. Of course, there were issues with ESCI's molding and warped parts and you can't judge that without opening it and taking a look. I have had some ESCI kits that were nice and then there were some where it was obvious the parts had come out of the mold too soft.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I built the Storch kit back in the 1980's. Not a bad kit, typical interior detail for a kit of this time period with nice seats, instrument panel, sidewall & inner canopy framework (that held the upper wings on) and a nice gun for the rear seat operator. Side window can be done open or closed. Builds into a nice kit, and as far as I know this is the only one made in

Reply to
Dave

in article 3s33e.1226$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com, Jim at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 3/31/05 10:43 PM:

I'm not aware of any Tamiya Fi 56, which doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You might, however, be thinking of Hasegawa's Storch in 1/32 scale.

Pip Moss

I used to feel cheap 'cause I had no signature.

Reply to
Pip Moss

Pip Moss wrote in news:BE7426C0.7DE8% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

Tamiya reboxes Italeri in Japan and Italeri has the molds.

Reply to
Gray Ghost