Frank,
We did indeed!
Art
http://frank.bol.ucla.edu/index.htm

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: : How do you want to do this -- : : c) Choice of subject :     I would give the Trumpeter Monte Carlo kit this nod. Why would you make a model of this POS?
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
On Sep 9, 7:51 pm, snipped-for-privacy@realtime.net (Bruce Burden) wrote:

Now that Merlin is gone, how about Mach 2?
A lot more esoteric would be the sometimes hideous copies of the earlier Czech resins. Sometimes even the color of the resin (translucent green, especially) proved to highlight the immense air bubbles. The vacuformed clear parts were also barely even a rough shape.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com wrote:

Oh yeah, the Mach 2 Leduc 0.22....P.O.S.
Pat
Pat
Bruce Burden wrote:

Trumpeter's worst kit hands down, USS The Sullivans, total waste of plastic.
Stephen Tontoni wrote:

I think you mixed the Paul and the Norm. My Norm kit did not have folding wings; my Paul did.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
I had a 1/48 Soviet Era Russian kit of the AN-2 that was just crap all the way around.

Hub Plott III wrote:

Oh, that's another one- the VEB Plasticart Su-7 from East Germany. The instrument panel looked like some sort of Wurlitzer jukebox. The whole thing was very crude and had very poor fit. They made a AN-2 also, and I'll bet that was the one you had: http://www.arnes-modellbauseite.de/History/plast.htm
Pat

I did a copy of that Colt! Sort-of close to 1:72 scale with some of the thickest plastic that I've ever seen in a model and decals that were an absolute joke (come to think of it, I had a bottle of Absolut after working on that kit, to study my nerves). It made assembling the old Faller kits seem pleasant.
The Old Man wrote:

The Su-7 kit gives you the option of blue or red anti-glare panels:
http://www.arnes-modellbauseite.de/History/Plastic/Su7%202.jpg
Pat
Nope, mine was worse than that one. There were no clear parts the canopy was in the same white plastic and molded to each half of the fuselage. Hub

There are certainly a lot of contenders from the 50's, 60's. Especially from the former East Germany and the Soviet Union. KVZ, LFI, MCCNE, Krugozor and the like all produced many unbuildable kits. Some actually appeared in the US under the Plasticart and even the Revell label.
However, I think these were even worse:
Ruch, 1/72 PZL P-23 Karas (Poland, c.1967)
Puky, 1/63(?) FMA IA 58 Pucara (Argentina, c. 1983)
Veeday, 1/72 Yak-15 (UK c. 1980)
Anyone who even thinks about nominating the maligned Williams Bros B-10 doesn't know how bad, bad can be!
Greg Reynolds, IPMS
On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 10:19:20 -0700, Stephen Tontoni

I'll put in a second on the Ruch P.23. Once Heller's kit came out they were only good for paint practise.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
On Sep 9, 6:26 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Greg Reynolds) wrote:

I'd nominate the old Fujimi Crusader. Companies that did OK kits, yet throw our a real stinker at times, that what the worst list should be, not kits that really didn't get produced in larger numbers in the West. Now some of those limited run east-block kits--brr. you had to nearly chisel parts out of the plastic, like you do with knocking a statue from a block of Marble.
Bad yes, but face it, you really weren't expecting much in that box, now were you? Worst of the Worst, should be expecting a lot when first opening the box, start the build, yet that sinking feeling that you're building a turd of a kit as you note terrible fit, outlines/shape are just plain wrong, like some of those old Combat Vacs, a roll of the dice, like early DML
Or stuff like the rubber wheels that dissolved any plastic they touched, or the unglueable chinese kits
** mike **
Greg Reynolds wrote:

I got some horrible Russian model of a Yak-28 in 1/72 scale that had a odd dark protrusion near the back of one of the fuselage halves that wouldn't sand down correctly no matter what I tried; it was a metal shaving that had gotten into the mold and been cast directly into the fuselage. I had to pull it out and patch the hole. This was the work of a very minor company, so I don't know if it counts as one of the ten worst, which I think should maybe be limited to bigger companies, who somehow make real disaster areas despite being a fairly substantial firm.
Pat
Greg Reynolds wrote:

Puky? Well, that was just *asking* for trouble, wasn't it? ;-)
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
I'm going to go with the...
Williams Bros. B-10!!!
The monkey and his tricycle agree!
Drew Hill wrote:

I *would* agree (screw Dan's monkey) but the 247 was worse. I got several to make one, and still gave up. At least I got a B 10 done, and for long enough to blow up with firecrackers within a month of completion.
Still find 247 parts turning up round here from time to time......
--

AM

: : Having seen the recent thread of 50 worst cars of all time, I thought : about what we could do ...at least as well as the car guy... of the 10 : worst model kits of all time. (let's keep it to injected molded styrene) :     You almost need to divide this one up by era, although you can lump most eastern european kits together as just plain "bad", at least until the mid 90's or so.
    You also need a way to distinguish between multi-media ?? kits (Gunze Sangyo) and the all plastic DML re-releases - the Gunze kits were/are a pain due to the clean up of the white metal involved, but the DML kits were not much better.
    On second thought, DML kits w/out the "Dragon" on the box can probably all be lumped together. There was a reason DML was thought to stand for "Do Me (MUCH!) Later!" Fortunately, they got MUCH better. DML SCUD, anyone?
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
The Tamiya Leopard 1 has to be one of the worst tank kits ever made in 1/35th.
I agree about some of the old Dragon kits.. .
Lance