5 O'Clock Charlie - MASH

that episode was on last nite. any idea what plane he was flying?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

In the show, IIRC, it was a Ryan PT-22 maybe. Been a while since I've seen it tho.

Reply to
frank

Most of the actual North Korean "5 o'clock" or "bedcheck" Charlies flew old PO-2 biplanes. To a certen extent, these aircraft gave the allies fits because they flew so slowly that a jet fighter could not slow down enough to get a good firing solution. That's why the F-4U5N re-emerged on the scene and how Navy LT Guy Borddelon made ace.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

sounds like something Trumpeter should make.....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

KP has one in 1/72. A bit of extra flash but fairly a detailed kit.

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

I think Gavia or someone did a PO-2one in 1/48. I bought one a year or more ago and it's somewhere down in the basement.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Ahhh....the movie, in which a young and sexy Kirstie Alley...was replaced by the young and UNsexy Robin Curtis....

Doesn't Chekov scream in this film? (Wait...he screams in EVERY film...lol)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

So did you want to know what was in the TV show or the real thing??

snipped-for-privacy@earthl> that episode was on last nite. any idea what plane he was flying? >

Reply to
frank