Ark Royal's deck color ??

Hi guys, I've try google, but haven't find, so - does anyone actually know what color was the WW II carrier Ark Royal' deck ?? Thanks in advance, Slider

Reply to
Slider

Hi, you might want to check out

Call the number and ask for Rick the owner.

Tell them Heather sent you.

Reply to
BeachCitiesStyleGal

on a side note, I saw a pic of the AR and am curious as to what the rectangular "cutouts" are on the starboard hull. One seems awfully close to the waterline.

What are they?

What's the biggest scale AR in styrene?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Revell used to have a 1/720th scale kit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Yes, I have it, that's why I ask. BTW, it comes with one destroyer in kit class ??)

Reply to
Slider

The destroyer is a Tribal class destroyer, but rather generic as I recall--I have no idea which one was ostensibly represented.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in news:1110322220.757338.48470 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Probably the Aifix 1/600

Reply to
Peter Baxter

The only colour picture I can find is a drawing, so not definative, but it shows the deck as the same grey as the rest of the ship. in photos that include the deck surface it appears to be welded steel plate.

Reply to
Alan Dicey