60's 1/48 b25

was it revell that had a 1/48 b25 in the 60's? or aurorra? i remember the guns on the duselage side were molded in. it wasn't a great kit but i remember having a lot of fun with it. i had a crappy p40 kit, same scal then and had endless battles. maybe it was in the 50's....yeah, the 50's.

Reply to
someone

On Jan 14, 8:00=EF=BF=BDpm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote= :

Both of them did - the Aurora one was supposedly a late J with beam gun, package guns and forward turret but as noted the guns were molded onto the fuselage along with the decal locations.

The Revell one came out much later -- about 1965 - and was of a B-25B or C like the Doolittle raiders. Much better but as most modelers now note not up to today's standards.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

had to be the aurora, i remember the dcal moldings too. it was a pretty tough kit. i think it finally got destroyed with the p40 in a firecracker armaggedon.

Reply to
someone
< The Revell one came out much later -- about 1965 - and was of a B-25B or C like the Doolittle raiders. Much better but as most modelers now note not up to today's standards.

Actually later than '65 - I graduated college in '67 and got back into the Hobby thru Womrath's in Hempstead LI. I remember waiting for the Doolittle

25 which was a major disappointment compared to the Tamiya Lanc. Probably more like 68 or 69.

Built the Aurora when I was still in Grade school.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

yeah, that fits the time zone. that aurora was a brick, damn strong.

Reply to
someone

Right, the Schiffer history gives the year of introduction as 1968 and claims it was based on Howard Hughes' personal B-25C. I remember it fondly as the first model I ever two-toned with Testors spray cans -- used pieces of old sheets to get the ripple effect in the separation lines.

Knew I built it before I entered the Army though,

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne