60's 1/48 b25

was it revell that had a 1/48 b25 in the 60's? or aurorra? i remember the guns
on the duselage side were molded in. it wasn't a great kit but i remember
having a lot of fun with it. i had a crappy p40 kit, same scal then and had
endless battles.
maybe it was in the 50's....yeah, the 50's.
Reply to
someone
On Jan 14, 8:00=EF=BF=BDpm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote= :
Both of them did - the Aurora one was supposedly a late J with beam gun, package guns and forward turret but as noted the guns were molded onto the fuselage along with the decal locations.
The Revell one came out much later -- about 1965 - and was of a B-25B or C like the Doolittle raiders. Much better but as most modelers now note not up to today's standards.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
had to be the aurora, i remember the dcal moldings too. it was a pretty tough kit. i think it finally got destroyed with the p40 in a firecracker armaggedon.
Reply to
someone
< The Revell one came out much later -- about 1965 - and was of a B-25B or C like the Doolittle raiders. Much better but as most modelers now note not up to today's standards.
Actually later than '65 - I graduated college in '67 and got back into the Hobby thru Womrath's in Hempstead LI. I remember waiting for the Doolittle 25 which was a major disappointment compared to the Tamiya Lanc. Probably more like 68 or 69.
Built the Aurora when I was still in Grade school.
Val Kraut
Reply to
Val Kraut
Right, the Schiffer history gives the year of introduction as 1968 and claims it was based on Howard Hughes' personal B-25C. I remember it fondly as the first model I ever two-toned with Testors spray cans -- used pieces of old sheets to get the ripple effect in the separation lines.
Knew I built it before I entered the Army though,
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne

Site Timeline