A-10

Does anyone know the color of the landing gear and the color of the gear wells in the A-10. I thought both were white then saw something about the gear being grey.

Anyn help appreciated. Thanks

Stan Parker

Reply to
Stanley Parker

Look white to me.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

All the ones I've seen are white. Latest was an air show in 2006....

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Having worked at AMARC/DMAFB in Tucson for years (home to the world's largest A-10 wing), trust me when I say that they are without exception, white.

Reply to
Alleghanny McKlennay

Banged my head around inside A10 wells from 88-92. They are indeed white as the other posters have stated. But nowhere near pure white. It's almost a very light gray. And usually pretty grungy so take that into account as well. HTH.

TF

Reply to
TF

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Stanley Parker

Glad to help.

Reply to
TF

Just to confuse things... Squadron's A10 Walkaround No. 17, p44, states that the struts can be either white or FS16473 Aircraft Gray. That's cleared that up then. Not.

flak monkey

as a former USAF crewchief for 20 yrs all aircraft struts and wheel wells are gloss white

Reply to
Daryl

Actually it depends... what year, and what paint scheme? Back in the early

1980s when A-10s were painted in Mask 10A or Euro-1 the gear struts and wheelwells were indeed 16473 gray. I'll post a photo I took at George AFB back in May 1982 of a Davis-Monthan based Warthog over on alt.binaries.models.scale. Compare the white travel pod to the gray nose gear. Also note the nose wheel is silver. I believe I have some more photos showing the gray landing gear, I could post more if you like. Scott Wilson
Reply to
avnav526