A-5 canopy detail needed

I'm working on an RA-5C vigilante, which I want to display with the cockpit roofs (can't call the lid the backseater sat under a canopy) open. The kit (Hasegawa in this case, but the others are no better) has these moulded directly onto the fuselage. I've removed the roofs from the main fuselage parts, and made replacements, but I can't find anything to show me how they were kept in the open position. I suppose I could best guess something, but I'd rather be accurate. Does anyone out there have a good picture of this?

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

I remember an article back in the mid - late '70s in Scale Modeler or Scale Aircraft Modeler maybe, where a guy did just that, I think he used Airfix & Hasegawa kits, both canopies open & I think a helmet resting on the cockpit ledge or windshield frame.

Reply to
famvburg