A change from planes/tanks

I just found this link on another forum.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKYC7O64pNg
...nice work and all scratch built!

--
Larry Green

Larry Green wrote:

That is COOL...
--
- Rufus

Rufus writes...

My sentiments exactly.
That has got to be one of the most impressive bits I have ever seen.
Bravo!
--
~
The Evil Tessmacher

I used to say I modeled anything that moved (all vehicle types). Then, a few years ago I found a model of the Gutenberg printing press (now completed). That was certainly the most unusual mode I have ever built :-)

any pictures, dan? has anyone seen a screw type coin press kit or acratch?
On May 27, 4:23 pm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

I'll take some and post on my web site. It was a kit. Never heard of the brand before- it was advertised in a mail order puzzle catalog. I suspect the company may have been one catering to miniatures market (doll house furniture and such).

thanks
Larry,
Thanks for sharing that. Outstanding!
Art

Cool stuff; makes me miss woodworking! I never carved that small though.
--Stephen
And we call ourselves modelbuilders? Does anyone remember a news clip many years ago about a man who engraved entire scenes on the head of a straight pin? No joke. Worked under a microscope and the engraving strokes were so delicate and so precise that the man had actually learned to control his heartbeat. Each engraving stroke was made between heartbeats. Had to be that way because the vibration caused by the heartbeat would cause him to damage the engraving.
Richard Marmo http://modelersweaponsshop.freeyellow.com/weathering_supplies.html

Richard Marmo said the following on 31/05/07 07:33:
> >> I just found this link on another forum..... >> >>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKYC7O64pNg

Funny you should mention that as just yesterday there was a morning tv item about a man who'd won awards for designing such scenes. In close-up it showed four characters standing in the eye of a needle.
Did I say four ?
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/6647855.stm
Richard.
--
"Initiative is punishable."
Russian business saying.
On May 31, 2:20 am, Richard Brooks <richardbro...@vickers- supermarine.com> wrote:

I used to marvel at the micromanipulators I saw at work, for people hooking up the leads on custom IC chips. I had thought about how neat a modeling tool that would be, but those were big buck tools. I wonder if they could be cheapened if production rate got high enough :-)
Richard Brooks wrote:

Yup...we suck...
--
- Rufus

There's a guy in my club that engraves/scribes his own instrument faces in 1/48 and 1/72 scales...including the numbers on them. He uses white plastic coated with India ink, and scribes through using a compass point. If you look at them with a magnifiying glass you can read them...no joke.
Yeah...we suck...
--
- Rufus