A Request

I am in need of one or two 1/25 scale offy engines for a street rod project.

Any help of locating them would be appreciated.

Mike

-- Advice when most needed is least heeded.

Reply to
Mike G.

The only good ones are the old Etzel ones (I assume you mean the 270 ci one, not the midget one). These are rare and expensive on eBay.

If you want to hack quite a bit, I have seen the Monogram indy racer still on the shelves at several hobby shops.

That engine, because of mold clearance angles, does not differentiate the cam covers. So you have to hack it off above the head and scratch the cam covers and cam gear cover. Also the carb/injectors (it is hard to tell what they were) are terrible and should be replaced.

BTW, I just finished a 1/8 scale midget offy to use in a scratch Offy KK midget. I have scale drawings of both the 270 and 110 ci versions.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Thanks Don for the info, muchly appreciated. Could you email the drawings? Or would snail mail be better? Send me an email, ok.

Mike

Reply to
Mike G.