Academy's M-36 Jackson Ad

I just got the latest Fine Scale Modeler in the mail this week. Last night, I was looking through the mag, and was admiring the big ad on the back cover of the mag, for the new Academy M-36 in 1/35 scale.

Then it hit me-- the decals on the turret are not well applied- they have visible silvering and carrier filem all around the US Stars.

Maybe I'm being picky, but it kinda surprises me that the ad would have this error, on an otherwise very-nicely built model. (Especially since the ad's main tag line is "Raising the bar, Mastering the Details"!!)

It kinda sends a mixed message, don't you think? Something along these lines:

- nice kit, but the decals aren't so great.

- Decals so hard to work with, even the pro that built them couldn't them right.

- We don't pay attention to detail.

- We didn't say we've mastered every detail yet!

-Bill

P.S. Is finding fault with a model in an ad indicative of mild or serious AMS?

Reply to
RC Boater

"P.S. Is finding fault with a model in an ad indicative of mild or serious AMS?"

Admitting you have a problem is the first step!

Reply to
Randall Cox

Serious

Reply to
C Knowles

It's more "anal" than ams. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

I didn't notice. However, now that you mention it, yes. But the silvering of the U.S. ARMY side decal on the M-113 (inset picture) is even worse. As you didn't mention *that* I suppose your AMS is not really severe. (SAAMS, anyone?)

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Hillerøe Petersen

I think its PMS.

Craig

Reply to
who me?

Craig replied to:

with:

Nope! PMS is finding fault with the modeler in most cases. AMS is finding fault with the model or your own effort. That is unless the model is human, alive or photo, etc, then it may be PMS on the part of your significant other. AMS, you can sometimes outgrow or work around. PMS, you just have to suffer through or resort to a shrink or lawyer or drugs.

I have found that hotflashes are worse than PMS. On the brighter side, flashes don't last for ever, they just seem to........

oxmoron1

Reply to
OXMORON1

Having them often, are we? ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Only you can fight AMS

Cheers!

Dana

Reply to
Dana J Nield

I remember an FSM arrticle a while back about HobbyCraft's Sea Fury. The builder did all this & that, but in the photos of the completed model, the roundel decals are clearly too thin. Where they are applied over the black & white identification stripes, the stripes show thru noticeably. How one could do all that work & not catch something as obvious as that, especially when it's going in a magazine, is beyond me.

Reply to
famvburg

You keyboarded:

Yep! Everytime I walk in the door at home!

Rick MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1